Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's a tough one. I'm not a huge fan of either, as they only play one side of the floor.

With that said, I feel Westbrook is far more rounded and I would take him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right now Ellis is better player, but Westbrook is a better PG so I'd take him.

S

Swish

Right now Ellis is better player, but Westbrook is a better PG so I'd take him.
How is Ellis a better player? explain everything you say man.. because I don't even think that's true

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ellis is a better scorer overall then Westbrook, he doesn't have a great player to help open up the floor for him, nor does he have the luxury of throwing the ball to Durant who runs off 2 different screens to hit jumpers over anyone. I like Westbrook but his assist numbers are skewed because of Durant. Also Westbrook leads the NBA in turnovers.

S

Swish

Ellis is a better scorer overall then Westbrook, he doesn't have a great player to help open up the floor for him, nor does he have the luxury of throwing the ball to Durant who runs off 2 different screens to hit jumpers over anyone. I like Westbrook but his assist numbers are skewed because of Durant. Also Westbrook leads the NBA in turnovers.
What about the rebounds? He's a better rebounder than Ellis AND a better defender than Ellis. Ellis is a pure scorer while Westbrook could do anything. Ellis has David Lee, Dorrell Wright, Curry.. all these guys could score 20 points per night easily! You know how easy it is to get assists when you play with pure shooters like Wright or Curry?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really care if a PG rebounds or not. If he does, whatever, if not oh well, teams have big guys for that. Ellis is a good enough passer, and his assist numbers aren't going to be near the kind of assists that Westbrook can get because he basically shares the PG position with Curry, and Ellis has to look to score more because he is the Warriors go to guy. Westbrook is a solid player, but if he was the best player on his team and had to be the go to guy, he would be far less efficient then he is now, his assists would be down and he would be turning the ball over even more then he is now. Defense, I'll give you that, he's better.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You got to factor in the fact the Warriors have the run and gun offense, which probably bloats Ellis' scoring stats a bit. However, he is a great player still.

But if I had to pick one to build a team around, no question in my mind Westbrook.
He is only a few points per game behind Monta, and has much more assists. I think he will eventually get those turnover numbers down. Monta turns it over a lot too though, and he isn't really a PG.
Plus Westbrook is a better defender.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is extremely tough for me
i dont really like monta, and love westbrook
BUT, westbrook has such an advantage playing with Durant that if he was the focal point of a team, he would be a black hole chucker as well imo

i'll hesitantly select Westbrook because of his defense

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm going with Westbrook. As said before, Ellis is a chucker, but that's because he doesn't have the team support that Westbrook has with the Thunder. I just like Westbrook better. He seems to be the better all around player to me.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ellis for scoring, Westbrook for everything else.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Give me Westbrook. I think he's got a much better skillset than Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%