Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could see PC trying to dangle Ryder at Nashville for Hamhuis. I thought I heard that they're looking to get a scoring winger and we've talked about defense and scoring. Then again, with the way the Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder line has been playing, he might as well leave it alone.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sorry meant he's a +/- 0 and 6 PIMs

Kovalchuk has looked invisible out there but he's been getting his assists.

Yeah Baggs I could actually see that happening. Nashville is stocked with D so they probably would be up for that

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I can also see that happening, Hamhuis for Ryder sounds pretty reasonable to me

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Carolina Hurricanes have got to be bumming about the trade freeze that's going on due to the Olympics.

A few teams were supposedly hot after veteran wing Ray Whitney(notes), who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, right up till the trade freeze on Friday. And then he scored three points with two goals and an assist in Saturday's game against the New Jersey Devils. He's not got 48 points for the season (19 goals, 29 assists) and a five-game point-scoring streak.

The Los Angeles Kings supposedly had a deal in place for him last week but he wanted a three-year extension in order to waive his no-trade clause so it got called off. MSNBC is reporting that Saturday's game made his trade value go up even more and he will still be very likely moved in the short time window when the Olympics end and the March 3 NHL trading deadline hits.
After all this speculation concerning Whitney's future, watch him go to some random team like Phoenix lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, the Panthers are looking to move Nathan Horton, but no, they are not going to get close to what they’re asking in return for a player whose work ethic is, to put it kindly, problematic. [New York Post]
Ray Whitney will be moved before the NHL trade deadline. He will also be a rental. While the Carolina Hurricanes winger could have been dealt to the Los Angeles Kings last month before he demanded a two-year, $7 million contract extension, talks are expected to get back on track and he’ll likely be moved once the trade freeze is lifted.The Kings aren’t going to be the only team in the mix. The Vancouver Canucks badly want to do something, so do the Rangers and the Bruins would like to add some scoring. [Toronto Sun]
The Blue Jackets are likely willing to entertain offers for forwards Raffi Torres and Fredrik Modin, and defenseman Milan Jurcina, all unrestricted free agents this summer. Modin has a no-trade clause, and it’s unclear if he’s willing to waive it. [Columbus Dispatch]
There is a strong belief in NHL circles Washington GM George McPhee has toyed with the idea of getting a netminder before the deadline, but isn’t sure if what’s available on the trade market is any better than goaltenders Jose Theodore and Semyon Varlamov. [Toronto Sun]

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit Red Wings D Nicklas Lidstrom will be 40 in April, so the question had to be asked: When is he retiring?

He told the Detroit Free Press, "I haven't thought much about it. It's something I'll think about after the (NHL) season is over."

Lidstrom contract is up at the end of the year, but his latest statement might be an indication that he doesn't want to hang up the skates quite yet.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't see him playing anywhere else to be honest. If he's not re-signed then he'll probably retire

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The New York Rangers will surely seek a center for Marian Gaborik, especially if they don't plan on keeping Vaclav Prospal. But out in-house experts have different ideas on who might be a good fit.

Puck Prospectus' Timo Seppa writes that the Rangers should trade for Buffalo Sabres center Tim Connolly, who is rumored to be on the market. He'd likely come at a relatively cheap price and, if he isn't dealt in the offseason, he could be dealt midseason since he's an expiring contract.

But ESPN Insider E.J. Hradek thinks Connolly isn't a great fit. But, he writes, "If Sharks C/LW Patrick Marleau were to hit the market, GM Glen Sather would be wise to make a serious pitch. I don't think he'll get that chance, though. I figure Marleau stays in the Bay Area."

That leaves guys like Tomas Plekanec and Matthew Lombardi for the Rangers, who suffered through anemic offensive stretches last season.
How the heck to they even get the cap space? They sign a big named player every year.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plekanec is staying in Montreal. If Connolly isn't a good fit, I don't think Lombardi would be either. Maybe they'd be a player for Carter if he becomes available and they can make space?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the Sabres move Connolly, not after being one of the top team of the EC, throughout most of the season. Underachieved in the post-season, again, which is why I believe rumors that they are looking to add a big name this offseason.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Trade rumors for me on our french site rds they said that the deal is done

- Nathan Horton

- Drafts picks + Prospects

- Marc Savard
- Blake Wheeler
-First round pick (13e Total)

- First round pick (4e Total)

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow those are some big moves by pc if this is true. Maybe they're trying to take fowler with that 4th overall they traded for. Or maybe another forward to go with seguin. Big cap relief as well.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
I look a this and i ask my self that the seconde move is a bit what MTL did with halak ...
You guys think the some way ?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like Jackets and Sens are working on a deal involving Spezza.
http://www.jacketscannon.com/2010/6/21/1529303/have-the-jackets-traded-for-spezza

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a legit source but seems like Volchenkov's rights could be traded to Vancouver for Bernier and the 4th round pick.

http://senshot.com/2010/06/23/rumour-volchenkovs-rights-to-canucks/

I would love to have the A-Train to play for Vancouver, he's a nice physical defenseman who plays wreckless. He blocks every shot he sees. Just what the Canucks need.

Brick.

Reaction score
I read on the Avs boards that the Avs are interested in Stempniak. If Sherman can make it happen I will be so happy.

jordan888

Squinty
Reaction score
Unless PIT does something to dramatically alter landscape, Hamhuis also intends to go to UFA. Hamhuis's preference may be Western Conf.
PHI was told from the get go by Nabokov that he plans on going to July 1 UFA as he will have multiple options including the KHL.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flyers are reportedly "red hot" on the opportunity to sign Nabokov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%