Rumor: Cavs Will Not Give Kyrie Max Money This Offseason

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Here's one. Would you take Bledsoe and/or Lowry over Kyrie?

Bledsoe over Lowry in a couple of years, if he becomes the star player people think he can be.

And not over Kyrie

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lowry yes
Bledsoe i think yes

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland really doesn't have a choice but to give it to him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd probably take Bledsoe over Kyrie. Not sure about Lowry though. The whole contract year worries me.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd take Lowry AND Bledsoe together over Kyrie, but not one of them individually

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Because I'll take two good, high energy guards- one of which has proven he can play in a 2 point guard system- over one guy

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood the question bosox haha

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
TYO said:
Cleveland really doesn't have a choice but to give it to him.

I think that's bullshit. I wouldn't be scared to make the fans mad on this one. Signing Kyrie to max money is dumb unless he proves he'll be a 2 way player.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

I think that's bullshit. I wouldn't be scared to make the fans mad on this one. Signing Kyrie to max money is dumb unless he proves he'll be a 2 way player.

Making the fans leave is one thing. Kyrie walking for nothing is another

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Someone stop me when you disagree:

Puts the ball through the net with regularity
Average to slightly above average efficiency
Low efficiency isolation player
Below average spot up shooter
Poor running off screens
Excellent PnR ball handler
Average ball distributor
Low turnover rate
Poor rebounder
Poor defensive player
Poor off ball defender
But a better on ball defender
Above average PnR defender
Poor isolation defender
Poor team defender
Poor rotational defender
Doesn't turn the opponent over at a high rate

I mean I'm really not trying to shit on the player, and I'm sure I just sparked activity by like 100% with this post, but people see that he averages 20+ points per game, they see his street ball esque style, and as a result people think he's this great player. Which just isn't true. The things he does well, he does REALLY well. But the things he does poorly, he does REALLY poorly. And I would say he does more poorly than he does well.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I didn't misinterpret anything; I offered another choice.

Bledsoe < Kyrie
Lowry < Kyrie
Lowry+Bledsoe > Kyrie

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I didn't misinterpret anything; I offered another choice.

Bledsoe < Kyrie
Lowry < Kyrie
Lowry+Bledsoe > Kyrie

He was saying would you take both as in both being individually being better than Kyrie. Bringing up a package deal is completely irrelevant haha

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Someone stop me when you disagree:

Puts the ball through the net with regularity
Average to slightly above average efficiency
Low efficiency isolation player
Below average spot up shooter
Poor running off screens
Excellent PnR ball handler
Average ball distributor
Low turnover rate
Poor rebounder
Poor defensive player
Poor off ball defender
But a better on ball defender
Above average PnR defender
Poor isolation defender
Poor team defender
Poor rotational defender
Doesn't turn the opponent over at a high rate

I mean I'm really not trying to shit on the player, and I'm sure I just sparked activity by like 100% with this post, but people see that he averages 20+ points per game, they see his street ball esque style, and as a result people think he's this great player. Which just isn't true. The things he does well, he does REALLY well. But the things he does poorly, he does REALLY poorly. And I would say he does more poorly than he does well.

The problem is you're just looking at a list of stats and forming your opinion when you've probably only seen him play like 4 times max. He's not in a situation where he can succeed. Cleveland's team is garbage and the only player on the team who has redeeming offensive qualities can only score with the ball in his hands which doesn't help complement Kyrie. Not to mention he had an inept coach this year. If you put Kyrie in a different spot you'd look at him differently.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The problem is you're just looking at a list of stats and forming your opinion when you've probably only seen him play like 4 times max. He's not in a situation where he can succeed. Cleveland's team is garbage and the only player on the team who has redeeming offensive qualities can only score with the ball in his hands which doesn't help complement Kyrie. Not to mention he had an inept coach this year. If you put Kyrie in a different spot you'd look at him differently.
You're wrong in assuming I rely so heavily on stats to come to my conclusion. Eye test is always on top for me, stats are just a way to confirm or refute what my eyes are telling me. Stats are just the easiest way to relay information, but people like to throw those away when they don't back up their beliefs. That's why I've been using images in my posts as of late.

I'm also not sold on the "Kyrie is not in a situation he can succeed in." I made a post on this board about that very myth, but it was so long ago I won't be able to track it down. The post basically concluded though that Kyrie wasn't helping himself. You have to help yourself before someone can help you. The Cavs added Luol Deng and Spencer Hawes during this season, and when those guys were on the court Kyrie shot only 41.1% from the field. Only 0.99 points per shot, which is not very good. Both numbers dropped from his season numbers. Hawes, Deng, Thompson, Jack, Waiters, Zeller, and even Matthew Dellavedova averaged a better shooting percentage and points per shot. His to% went up and his ast% stayed the same. He also started settling for more jumpers, even though his fg% at the rim with those two guys went up an incredible rate. Again, gotta help yourself before anyone can help you.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
He's going to make max money regardless. He's a star who people go out to see. There's definitely room for improvement in various areas of via game but he's in his early 20s.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Zero percent the Knicks or Lakers don't max Kyrie if available in FA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%