Roy has 1-2 years left in his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The consulting surgeon for Brandon Roy says he may have only 1-2 years left in his career, even under the best case scenario.
Full article here: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27527812

That really sucks for him, and the Blazers. They have a great young core of players that looks like they could do a lot of damage in the league. Now this.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
B-Roy's gonna be the Penny of our generation. What a shame. I loved his game since I saw him go up against Uconn in the tourney his senior year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
back when he signed the MAX extension i said it was a mistake....

and the "1-2 years" the surgeon mentioned isnt just a regular 1-2 year season either

The "consulting surgeon" whispers that he believes the best-case strategy for handling Roy is this: A) Limit Roy's practice reps to almost nothing; B) Play him off the bench in 65-75 or so games a season, choosing rest in key spots; C) pray. Surgeon suspects the Blazers might get 1-2 years out of Roy employing this strategy. Right now, I think they'd take that, and hope for the best. Roy is a fierce competitor and I won't count him out.
yikes. too bad.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The game against the Pistons, they showed him warming up and what not. He looked fine. SO it's odd news.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Whenever Pray is an option, It's never a good thing. Really sucks the Blazers have been progressing each year Roy has been with them, and they have a great upside and then this. Hoping the best for Roy.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dude had all the tools to be a great leader. you never want to see something like this happen to any player on any team. really sucks for portland, they can never catch a break.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope some sort of miracle happens and he still makes it through. Dude's got too much talent. Reminds me of JJ.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crap, I feel sooooo bad for him and the Blazers organization. I mean Oden, Roy, everyone else...just horrible.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. Doctors generally err on the short side

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Meh, at this point I'm just praying some sort of miracle happens and he can comeback and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%