Rose vs Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullsaj

Reaction score
Some interesting facts:
  • Rose is an elite rebounder at his position (4.8), 2nd only behind Westbrook who is BARELY ahead of him 4.9rpg. Rondo at 4.6rpg.
  • Rose is #8 in assists in the league, a couple years ago, he would have been #2, that shows the talent of the PG position in the NBA.
  • Rose is also the best shot blocker for his position, while Rondo is poor.
  • Rose has also increased in steals per game average.
  • Rose is the better 3% shooter, has a better FT%, and elite mid-range shooter.
  • Rose is currently the best guard in the NBA with the highest points per game, rebounds per game, and assists per game (37.4), Westbrook is around 35 or 36 at #2. Rondo at 29.6
Amazing what a 22 year old has achieved this season isn't it?

Discuss.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
If this is a Rose vs Rondo thread, why did you bring up Westbrook twice and not mention Rondo once?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Rose. He's still a good enough playmaker and he can provide more than a spark by himself on offense.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends what kind of PG I want for my team. If I want a scorer, I go with Rose.
If I want a great defender and great passer, I'd go with Rondo.

Really depends what can of team I had.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Starting from the bottom, I'd rather build around D-Rose.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Rondo. I have bias to an extent but he's the best defensive pg in the league so I'd have to go with him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember a certain someone giving the best defensive point guard...31 points in a game towards the end of last year.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember a certain someone giving the best defensive point guard...31 points in a game towards the end of last year.
Rondo has dropped triple doubles on D-Rose. so it's still pretty even

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This Season:

D-Rose: 18 pts, 9 dimes, 5 rebs, 6 TO's, 0 steals
Rondo: 10 pts, 11 dimes, 3 rebs, 4 TO's, 4 steals

D-Rose: 20 pts, 8 dimes, 3 rebs, 4 TO's, 0 steals
Rondo: 12 pts, 19 dimes, 6 rebs, 3 TO's, 3 steals

Celtics won both games.

chitownfan1

Members
Reaction score
Regardless of team success Rose is the better player.

He is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 24+ppg and 8+apg and is 3rd in the eastern conference in PPG+APG+RPG

uwp

Reaction score
Some interesting facts:
  • Rose is an elite rebounder at his position (4.8), 2nd only behind Westbrook who is BARELY ahead of him 4.9rpg. Rondo at 4.6rpg.
  • Rose is #8 in assists in the league, a couple years ago, he would have been #2, that shows the talent of the PG position in the NBA.
  • Rose is also the best shot blocker for his position, while Rondo is poor.
  • Rose has also increased in steals per game average.
  • Rose is the better 3% shooter, has a better FT%, and elite mid-range shooter.
  • Rose is currently the best guard in the NBA with the highest points per game, rebounds per game, and assists per game (37.4), Westbrook is around 35 or 36 at #2. Rondo at 29.6
Amazing what a 22 year old has achieved this season isn't it?

Discuss.
I don't know where to start...

Rondo has a SPG of 2.4, Rose is 1.2.

Rose has an eFG% of .446 for jump shots. Rondo has an eFG% of .464. Does that make Rondo an elite mid-range shooter too?

BPG? Rose is at .6 compared to Rondo's .2. Not much when comparing in the Point guard field.

Field Goal Percentage: Rose has a FG% of .455 compared to Rondo's FG% of .529.

So yes you might as well mark down Rose being better than John Stockton at this point of his career as well.

chitownfan1

Members
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to have a higher FG% when you never take jump shots because your jump shot is shit a la Rondo.

uwp

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to have a higher FG% when you never take jump shots because your jump shot is shit a la Rondo.
Please, re-read my post then post again, except much smarter this time.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm with Rip. It all depends on what kind of team I had. Rondo is perfect for the Celtics, nobody would fit better.

chitownfan1

Members
Reaction score
I addressed the FG% of Rose at .46 and Rondo at .52

Considering Rondo take 90% of his shots near the rim his FG% SHOULD be higher. His jump shot is terrible and he knows it that's why he hangs around the rim when he wants to score. This is further proven by the fact he only take 3 shots per game at 10-23 ft.

Also the eFG is also not necessarily a good way to compare Rose and Rondo. Rose HAS to shoot more...a lot more so he has more attempts to affect his eFG. Rose takes 7.5 shots per game in the 10-23ft range because he has to be a primary scorer. That's almost 5 shots more than Rondo.

Not to mention at 3's Derrick's eFG is 57.2 while Rondo's is only 47.

I can play the stats game to big guy and Rose is the better player no matter how you slice it. I'll take his P+A+R/G of 37.5 to Rondo's 29.5 every day. Because that accounts to either scoring, assisting, or getting a rebound to help the team 8 more times than Rondo every game.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviously Rondo's scoring stats are lower when he's on an elite team like the Celtics where he is the 4th or even 5th scoring option... And that Rose has more PPG on a team like the Bulls where he is the #1 option.

chitownfan1

Members
Reaction score
Don't know if you've seen but the Bulls are 20-10 they aren't slouches. Rondo wouldn't put up 24.5 if he was the bulls he'd be at MAYBE 15-16 but he does not have the ability to put up points like rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%