Romo Kindness Gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tony Romo made one man very happy, and it had nothing to do with throwing touchdowns.

The Dallas Morning News reported on Wednesday that the Cowboys quarterback took a homeless man to the movies recently.

The man, who goes by Doc, was outside a theater in in Dallas when a man came up and offered to pay his way to see a movie. Planning on passing out fliers for a consignment store across the street, Doc declined. But then he realized that he had just turned down Romo.

He ran across the street, asked for the day off and ran back to the theater. Romo and Doc ended up sitting together watching the movie "Role Model." Doc told the newspaper that he informed Romo that he hadn't showered in days.

The Cowboys went into the season with high expectations but have yet to deliver.

"Don't worry about that," Romo said, according to the newspaper. "I'm used to locker rooms."

Romo reportedly also changed the tire of a couple on the way home the night of the season opener and showed up to a high school pep rally with actor Will Smith earlier this week. He confirmed the encounter with Doc but wouldn't elaborate.

This latest gesture really impressed Doc.

"For me, it was a blessing," Doc said. "It came at just the right time. It gave me some encouragement and faith in mankind. I just wanted to say thank you."
That was a great story, Romo is a good guy. Always like him as a player, gained some real respect off the field for him too.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't know many people or even athletes that would do something like this. He's a great guy and a great QB. He'll take Dallas to the playoffs.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Doesn`t suprise me that he would do something like this. I always knew he was a great guy. I wonder if it was planned or just a coincidence that they went to see "Role Models."

Hoffa

Reaction score
Great job Romo quite good indeed. Romo is a great person on the field and off the field and he is doing these little things that make him happy and also make others happy for helping them out or just being there for them.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really cool story.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know many people or even athletes that would do something like this. He's a great guy and a great QB. He'll take Dallas to the playoffs.

+1

...except for the bolded part.

Romo is a hard guy not to like, Ive always had the respect for him, its just that he's the Cowboys QB....

Lake Louise

Reaction score
He will no doubt in my mind.
I can see how you could make that arguement, but I just dont see them making it this year. Not just because i`m not a fan of the Cowboys, but the division is too tough, and the Giants & Redskins will most likely make it ahead of them, but they do have a shot. Unless, somehow Falcons, Bucs, & Panthers all make the playoffs, than only one team will come from the NFC East, which is possible, but is somewhat of a stretch.

dakid

Reaction score
i think the Redskins will go down hill from here....Portis is injured and not running like he was. If they can't run the ball that offense doesn't move. Campbell played mistake free with Portis running at will.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Heard about this On PTI Yesterday...

It's true most people would be like " Hey man heres 20 Bucks go get yourself a cheese burger "

But Romo, took him to the movies with him and when the guy says " I havent showered for weeks " Romo's Like, " Psh, I've been in locker rooms ".

That was real nice. Major Respect from me Tony.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys are a better team than the Washington Redskins.
I`m not saying they aren`t. It`s just from where they stand right now, they have some work to do, and yes, Resdskins may fall, and probably will, Giants could lose a couple more games here and there, and probably will, Cowboys could finish second in the division and not make the playoffs, which is possibly. It all just depends.

I respect Romo as a person, even before he did this, and I like a few other players on their team, like Witten, Barber & Jones, Ware, Roy Williams(on the offensive side), Zach Thomas, & a few others and would love to see them have success. I just dont see it happening this year.

Than again, I could be wrong, which I have been before.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I`m not saying they aren`t. It`s just from where they stand right now, they have some work to do, and yes, Resdskins may fall, and probably will, Giants could lose a couple more games here and there, and probably will, Cowboys could finish second in the division and not make the playoffs, which is possibly. It all just depends.

I respect Romo as a person, even before he did this, and I like a few other players on their team, like Witten, Barber & Jones, Ware, Roy Williams(on the offensive side), Zach Thomas, & a few others and would love to see them have success. I just dont see it happening this year.

Than again, I could be wrong, which I have been before.
Hopefully you're wrong. I'd much rather see the Cowboys in the playoffs instead of the Redskins.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Great story, I agree that most athletes/celebrities would never do this.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Hopefully you're wrong. I'd much rather see the Cowboys in the playoffs instead of the Redskins.
So would I actually. Not a big fan of the Redskins, it`s just the NFC South is strong this year and could possibly sneak 3 teams in.

Atlanta is 3rd in the division and they are 6-4(same record as the Cowboys & Washington) and Saints are 5-5(one better than Eagles because of the tie) so, it`s pretty tight between the NFC East & South.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Great story, I agree that most athletes/celebrities would never do this.
Yeah, and if they did it would be something like what was said earlier of giving them money to buy some lunch or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%