Rockies Designate Jose Reyes For Assignment

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
The Rockies announced today that shortstop Jose Reyes has been reinstated from the restricted list and designated for assignment. Reyes, 33, has been on a minor league rehab assignment after completing a 51-game suspension under Major League Baseball’s domestic violence policy but will not get the chance to suit back up for the Rockies, who acquired him in last summer’s Troy Tulowitzki blockbuster as a means of offsetting some of Tulo’s salary for the Blue Jays.

MLBTR

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rockies about to eat that $39 mil they going to have to owe him lol.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Wow that's bad when a team like the Rockies are willing to eat that much of your contract

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
This is the most incompetent run team in baseball. 

Whoever made the Tulo trade should be fired.  Would've been okay if they traded Reyes after, but we know that's not the case.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn, there is a market for Reyes but definitely not at that price. I hope he gets picked up by someone

Another Ray Rice situation perhaps?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To be fair, the Tulo trade wasn't even that bad. They got assets back, and traded away a broken Tulo, who also has an albatross of a contract.  

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
snipezo said:
To be fair, the Tulo trade wasn't even that bad. They got assets back, and traded away a broken Tulo, who also has an albatross of a contract.  
Yeah and they acquired Reyes, who had an albatross of a contract

Plus he's much older

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
This is the most incompetent run team in baseball. 

Whoever made the Tulo trade should be fired.  Would've been okay if they traded Reyes after, but we know that's not the case.

Not at all. The Tulo trade actually saved them $60M. Trading Reyes was the plan but kinda hard to do when the guy isn't run producing and can't stay healthy. Oh, and this was before he slapped his wife around.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And, really who saw that whole thing coming anyways? 

Not like Tulo is on the right side of 30, and with his injury history, it's unlikely he'll be back to being a 5 win shortstop ever again. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Angels should really take a flyer on Reyes. They need anybody who knows how to hit in their lineup and with Simmons on the shelf, Jose gets time to play SS.  Jose did hit .304 in Triple-A before being traded.  And I wouldn't rule out a Mets reunion for Reyes.  I know the Mets aren't interested at the moment but things change. I read Jose prefers to go back to NY and is willing to move to 3B.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
AE. said:
The Angels should really take a flyer on Reyes. They need anybody who knows how to hit in their lineup and with Simmons on the shelf, Jose gets time to play SS.  Jose did hit .304 in Triple-A before being traded.  And I wouldn't rule out a Mets reunion for Reyes.  I know the Mets aren't interested at the moment but things change. I read Jose prefers to go back to NY and is willing to move to 3B.
Hes pretty much saying he wants to go to the Mets and play 3B while Wright is out, lol

I would take him back on a cheap contract, we need bodies.

catman

Reaction score
Minor league deal. He'll likely play a couple of weeks in the minors and they'll bring him up to play 2B, SS and 3B -- mostly 2B.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Its kind of nice to have him back, obviously hes not the same player he used to be, but at least he can provide a leadership presence with Wright gone. Dont expect much from him and if he provides some good pop with all the injuries I would be more than pleased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%