Rick Gosselin breaks down the 2010 draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/011411dnspogoosegradescopy.afb2736f.html

Hes actually one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to the draft.

Jeez, the Saints had a horrible draft, and the Raiders had a great draft... and yet people think Al Davis is crazy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
B sounds about right for this year. I'm hoping it's an A a few years down the road though when Best and Speivey reach their potentials.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
B sounds about right for this year. I'm hoping it's an A a few years down the road though when Best and Speivey reach their potentials.
Speivey reminds me of Gerald Alexander, thats where I see he panning out.. very similar rookie years also.. Not much to get excited about, but typically the same player.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Didn't even realize the Jets only had 4 picks in the draft.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No offense to the Chiefs, but if they got an A, I don't understand why the Browns wouldn't? We got a franchise CB, Safety and a QB in the same draft.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speivey is still learning the safety position. He has the physical tools to be a good player, it's a matter of learning the position.

He will be solid regardless though in my opinion.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
No offense to the Chiefs, but if they got an A, I don't understand why the Browns wouldn't? We got a franchise CB, Safety and a QB in the same draft.
I think its a little too early to call Colt McCoy a franchise QB, sure for a rookie QB.. he looked pretty good, but not enough to consider a franchise QB at this point.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's the closest thing we've had to a franchise QB, and was able to do well all year with cruddy weapons up until the last game.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He's the closest thing we've had to a franchise QB, and was able to do well all year with cruddy weapons up until the last game.
I mean, Its not like he actually put the team on his back and carried them down the field to win the games they did when he played. I mean, against the Saints I believe it was the defense that did that. Colt almost did it against the Jags, but he came short.

What I'm trying to say is that he was basically just a game manager.. did a good job, but nothing really breath taking.

Oiler35

Reaction score
I still don't see why we took Hughes, but a good pick with Angerer.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I still don't see why we took Hughes, but a good pick with Angerer.
I really wanted Angerer during the draft, and called it that he would be a good player. I laughed however when the Colts took Hughes while all the Colt fans were giving Polian praise for the pick, face it.. the guys just not that great of a GM anymore. He's considered a good GM because he has Manning.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, Its not like he actually put the team on his back and carried them down the field to win the games they did when he played. I mean, against the Saints I believe it was the defense that did that. Colt almost did it against the Jags, but he came short.

What I'm trying to say is that he was basically just a game manager.. did a good job, but nothing really breath taking.
He was a rookie, we weren't expecting him to carry us on his back.. He ended up like 16th in the league in yards per attempt, and this is with a team whose WR get barely any yards after the catch. The majority of his throws are medium range between 10-20. I don't consider him a game manager.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He was a rookie, we weren't expecting him to carry us on his back.. He ended up like 16th in the league in yards per attempt, and this is with a team whose WR get barely any yards after the catch. The majority of his throws are medium range between 10-20. I don't consider him a game manager.
I know, i said hes a rookie.. Thats why I'm saying its too early to call him a franchise QB.

VC15

Reaction score
Who in the hell is "Nick Petrus"?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got a good grade...Im expecting another good draft in April

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%