Rex Ryan: 'No doubt' N.Y. Jets have QB competition

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353980/article/rex-ryan-no-doubt-ny-jets-have-qb-competition

"I think there is competition. There's no doubt," he said. "As a coach, you love it, because it's great having competition, and obviously you compete in this league with everybody. But when you have competition in your own room, that's what brings out the best in everybody. And it's an ideal situation for a coach."
Jets general manager John Idzik has built an organizational mantra around competition for all roles. Ryan continued to stand behind that company line on Wednesday.
"It's not closed competition. It's competition. And I don't mean to make light of it, but in a way, I think I should," he said. "It's the second day of OTAs, and here we have these questions. But let's let it play out, and one thing we know for certain, that a player, and not just a quarterback, but any position, rest assured, the guy that we think will give us the best opportunity to win will be the guy."
"I've said from Day 1 that Geno's going to be hard to beat out," Ryan added. "But I also said that Mike's going to have an opportunity to compete and he definitely will."

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I've never heard of a competition where the player who turns the ball over the most wins the starting QB job.

DisturbedShifty

Reaction score
Funny thing is Vick said Smith was the starting QB.  I have a feeling he wants it that way to.  That way when Geno gets benched he can come in and look like a hero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%