Retirement

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright fellas, it's been a loooong ride. Some of you may like me, many more of you dislike me, but that's nobodies fault but my own and that's not why I'm doing this.

It's tough to find time to spend on the internet for me anymore. Growing up is rough, I'm (only) 20, but I'm working a 9-5 as a co op for this semester and going to school at Penn State and finishing up next year. I've got a lot of things on my plate, and not enough time to sit around and post anymore.

It's been fun over the years for the most part, and for as much shit as I have given CC, the sim league is the biggest reason I've stuck around for the past year or two. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to keep up with my teams as much as I should and I'd rather somebody else take over and continue what I've started.

As far as the rest of the site, to be honest, it kind of seemed to get really boring for me. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places, or maybe it just isn't for me anymore, but there seemed to be too much change for me. Hey, I'm not asking for any changes because I'm going either way, but just bringing some stuff up to the attention of well... whoever is in charge here nowadays.

I'd give shoutouts, but to be honest I don't even know who is around here anymore. For those of you who I didn't manage to piss off too much, thanks for that. To the rest, thanks as well. It was probably more fun getting in dumb arguments than it was anything else, and I hope that the staff doesn't get too anal about fights. Seems to me like everyone does a whole lot of bitching about people baiting and crap... Hey, it's fun. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

My last words of wisdom I suppose would be for everyone to go outside, further yourself academically, professionally, etc. You only have so much time on the earth, so do what you can to enjoy it and make things easier for yourself in the future. Thank you all once again. Realistically, I'll still pop in to make a sarcastic comment here and there, but I think it's time to say goodbye.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn...Well I hope everything is good for you man. You always gave me shit bout the sim league and other things but it was for fun I guess lol. And you always got my first round picks -____- smh haha. But good luck on your future.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Sucks to see another SI great, leave. I don't recall ever having a problem with you, I liked your insight on most things on this forum, you were always real about things whether others liked it or not. Hate to see you go, I hope things continue to go well for you, hopefully you will get some time and interest again so we can see you back here. Hate seeing all of the long-time core members leave because that's what keeps the SI tradition going, but it's expected. People grow up and go on with their life so I understand. Best of luck going forward!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn man. ive noticed the drop youve had and knew this would be coming. we never always got along but over the years i did grow to respect you as a member.

its going to be weird not having that one person. who never had an issue with speaking their mind in an unbiased way. i hope you the best. im sure youll find time every now and then to pop in, and i hope that happens. until then, stay cool eric.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I hope everything works out for you in your co op and your education. You had a very insightful opinion on a lot of topics and I valued that. You should still stop by here and there when you have the time.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I hope everything works out for you in your co op and your education. You had a very insightful opinion on a lot of topics and I valued that. You should still stop by here and there when you have the time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Been a privilege to grow up with you on the board man. Hope you do come back here and there. You will be missed.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Sad to see ya go but I'm not surprised since I know you have a lot on your plate now.

And well put at the end. Couldn't have said it better if I tried. Good luck in your travels and hopefully you find the time to pop in from time to time.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
You've been a great piece of the SI family. Even though we didn't really know each other that well, I never had a problem with you, and I knew you weren't one to shy away from speaking your mind, no matter the subject.

I hope that your education and your co op goes well for you, and you will be missed. Be looking forward to you popping in once in awhile to make those sarcastic comments.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
damn man. ive noticed the drop youve had and knew this would be coming. we never always got along but over the years i did grow to respect you as a member.

its going to be weird not having that one person. who never had an issue with speaking their mind in an unbiased way. i hope you the best. im sure youll find time every now and then to pop in, and i hope that happens. until then, stay cool eric.
This isn't my retirement thread...

:skip:

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good luck with everything man. I've always had mad respect for you.

I feel like I might be joining in the "retirement" group here pretty soon.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yanks, it's always been fun talking to you through the years. 6 years actually. wow

peace bro. good luck with everything

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We rarely got along or agreed, but best of luck to you in life Yanks.

Mooche

Reaction score
Sad to see you leave Yanks. Best of luck with wherever life takes you bud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%