Report: Paul Has Demanded Trade To Knicks, Magic, Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
That is one of the most foolish statements I've ever heard. Paul is what, 25? And averaged 19 and 11 in an injury plagued season? You've got to be kidding me.
He's still damaged goods.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No he's not. I'd take him over any PG in the league right now.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
These "superteams" as they call them are so cliche now

Well the Knicks finally get theirs

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love to see Donnie find a way to bring him to NY, pair him and Amare and D'Antoni you have your pick and roll gameplan mastered.

We all saw how good he made Tyson Chandler, I can only imagine how much better he can make Amare.........

From what I hear on ESPN, LAL is out of it, and the teams are Knicks, Magic, Blazers and Mavericks.

Like someone said earlier I think the Blazers probably have the best assests to provide, but I really do think a package of Curry's 11milexpiring + Wilson Chandler/Anthony Randolph/Azubuike's 3mil expiring and maybe Toney Douglas (as a backup to Collison) would be sufficient. Amd seeing as we dont have many picks to offer (2011 gets swapped with Houston, dont think we have our 2012 pick and 2013 is ours) I dont see picks involved.

As long as we're able to keep Gallo and some outside shooting. I would rather send Azuibuike's 3mil expiring instead of DubC, but Im guessing it will either be Chandler or Randolph on the way out.

Damn I hope this happens.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only teams he listed who has a good enough package to land Chris Paul, at least what I think, would be the Magic and the Blazers. Magic can offer Jameer Nelson, Pietrus or some other good role player, Daniel Orton, Vince Carters expiring for Paul and Meka. Jameer would be good for the Hornets, cheap contract for a very good PG, then they can deal off Collison with another bad contract to get a PF/C. Then the Blazers can just put together some package of whatever youth they want to trade.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After looking at salaries, I think the Mavs have the best pieces to offer him if they are serious about him.

Idk about how Jkidd would feel about it, but seriously they could move him for a reliable big after getting CP3

But they could offer a package of Butler/Terry + Beubouis + Stevenson

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea that would be good, but I don't value Beaubois like others do. And if that would work for the Hornets, Mavs better swing that deal. Dirk needs another star.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Explain to me how a 11m expiring contract, a 15 point scoring wing man who can defend 3 positions and is young, plus picks and other young talent is "nothing". Especially for a guy who has stated that he wants a trade... And has given the team a list of 3 teams... And the Hornets already have a good backup PG.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Donnie better not low ball, he should throw the best deal he possibly can at the Hornets and hope the rest of the teams mentioned dont offer their best.

Im willing to get rid of anyone, besides Amar'e of course.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn. Roy, LA and CP3? That'd be a sick ass team for sure.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man, if we get Cp3 I will seriously pee my pants. I think we have a competitive offer but not as good as other teams such as the Mavericks and Magic could offer. Cp3 and Amare would be amazing...... That would definitely guarantee another star coming to our team as well, and other players interested in signing with us.

jdelarosa

Reaction score
I don't pay a lot of attention to basketball, can someone fill me in how NY getting CP3 would potentially lock up Carmelo Anthony for them?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because he's a free agent next summer and New York would have enough CAP space to offer him a MAX contract. H'es also from New York so CP3 and Amare already in New York would definitely make Melo think hard at signing there next summer.

jdelarosa

Reaction score
Alright thanks Reke, it would be an absoulute terror in the east if NY can create a superteam, although the superteam isnt the caliber of LBJ, Bosh and Wade

werebarret

Reaction score
Alright thanks Reke, it would be an absoulute terror in the east if NY can create a superteam, although the superteam isnt the caliber of LBJ, Bosh and Wade
I disagree. They may not be a talented as Team Diva, but their talents are much more complimentary.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York should have kept David Lee IMO.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paul will be a Hornet atleast at the start of the season. He has a meeting next week with Monty and Dell Demps, plus some other guys. Should be interesting.

Right now, other than really the Knicks and maybe the Blazers, teams don't have a whole lot to offer. The Hornets won't just give CP away.

VC15

Reaction score
Because he's a free agent next summer and New York would have enough CAP space to offer him a MAX contract. H'es also from New York so CP3 and Amare already in New York would definitely make Melo think hard at signing there next summer.
I'm pretty sure that he's a FA in 2012, not 2011 like you suggested.

CP-"Knee" will cause more harm than help to any team that he is on from here on out. He will be a superstar just like T-Mac and Shaq are, in name only. Paul won’t be the explosive player that he once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%