Report: Former NFL, college standout Will Smith shot dead

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Report: Former NFL, college standout Will Smith shot dead
Will Smith, a former New Orleans Saints Pro Bowl defensive end and Ohio State Buckeyes standout, was killed in a Saturday night shooting in New Orleans, the Times-Picayune reports. One woman was also injured.

The shooting took place in New Orleans' Lower Garden district. Here's more from the report:
"The double shooting took place around 11:29 p.m. ... Smith was fatally shot and the female victim was shot in the leg, police said.
A witness at the scene, Janis Baehr, a tourist in town for the French Quarter Festival, said she was walking near the intersection and heard six to eight gunshots. She said she went to the injured woman's aid, giving her ice chips. The witness said the woman appeared to have two gunshot wounds to her leg. The woman was taken away by ambulance.

Smith was slumped over the steering wheel of a silver SUV. The coroner's office is on the scene investigating."

Smith was 34 years old. He last played in the NFL in 2012, capping a nine-year career with the Saints that included a Super Bowl win. A first-round pick out of Ohio State in 2004, Smith was a three-year starter at OSU and helped the Buckeyes win the 2002 BCS National Championship.
R.I.P

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All over a fender bender, from the sound of it. Damn shame.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
This sucks!!! He was one of if not the best player we had for a while until the Brees era. He was always smiling. Very energetic guy. RIP.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Take the driver of the Hummer and hang him on National TV. People need to see that there are real, tangible consequences for stupid shit like this or it will keep happening. 

Rest in peace. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some are saying PT was in the car with Will and his wife

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Take the driver of the Hummer and hang him on National TV. People need to see that there are real, tangible consequences for stupid shit like this or it will keep happening. 

Rest in peace. 
Ummm, how about no? That is about just the most stupid thing one could do

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take him into the middle of Jackson Square and hang him, fuck that motherfucker

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Ummm, how about no? That is about just the most stupid thing one could do

I disagree. People continue to do stupid shit because they don't see legitimate consequences. Bring back the gallows for cut and dried, we-know-they-did-it because we fucking caught them criminals.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree shit like this needs the death penalty.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
does louisiana have the death penalty?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The death penalty is not a deterrent, nor has it ever been, it costs more than life in prison, and innocent people have been sentenced to death. It's an insane policy to have in a developed nation

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my views on the death penalty have changed as i got older. i still support it in certain cases but this wouldnt be one of them.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The death penalty is not a deterrent, nor has it ever been, it costs more than life in prison, and innocent people have been sentenced to death. It's an insane policy to have in a developed nation
freaking this

If you're someone who just murdered a guy, you'd probably rather be killed than stay in prison for life

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with that, but no one is going to have a split second moment of clarity when they are angered enough to kill someone, and then decide the death penalty is too much.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's pure speculation at this point but a lot of the people don't think this was a random incident. People think Hayes sought out Will Smith and murdered him. Apparently Will spent the night with a retired New Orleans police chief that had murdered Hayes father. He also worked security for the Saints in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%