Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news;_ylt=AnfO4rgzxb7CZyTUwnJ_Onc5nYcB?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611

Thought it would be nice to post it lol. For those that haven't heard or read it yet. But god damn is all i got to say.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The U is getting the death penalty.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cheated to mediocrity. Paid for players, and we have an MPC computers bowl win in 2006 to show for it. We deserve the death penalty for cheating so poorly.

Honestly though, I just don't see how they can trust the word of a convicted felon... a con artist that is sitting on a 20 year prison sentence for a BILLION dollar Ponzi scheme. I mean, he admitted that he wrote a book about Miami just for the publicity.

It's sad... College football in general just isn't the same.

That being said, it is highly unlikely that any team ever gets the death penalty. If all of this is true, I can see something similar to the sanctions USC got.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RIP To The U...you guys are gonna get SMU'ed...

They have a scouting report damn near on everybody this Shapiro guy ever talked too at the U.

Am I the only one who finds it funny the dirtiest conference (SEC) still hasn't been busted yet?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
An interesting coincidence in all of this...

The Chairman of the NCAA infractions committee, Paul Dee, was Miami's athletic director up until 2008.

So all of this would have gone down under his watch, and he will be a large part of the decision on all of this.

Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DEATH PENALTY!

I think more schools should get the death penalty...it would really teach people a lesson.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The death penalty is for repeat violators... Miami hasn't been placed on probation in the past 5 years, so they aren't even eligible for the death penalty.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haven't heard anyone say that.

...but since this has been going on for years and years...(which is could be defined as a "repeat violator") that makes them eligible for the death penalty.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And this still isn't as big a deal to ESPN then the Ohio State shit which was not even close to as bad as this..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NCAA should just penalize every team IMO. Give them all the death penalty!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is actually a huge deal, unlike that tattoo nonsense..

and yep, now ESPN is blowing it up lol.

Syde-Effect

Reaction score
This story is just crazy as all hell ...

The list of players w/ allegations, Hester, Johnson, McGahee, and several others still playing including the QB there.

Straight craziness all over, this and the OSU crap (which is now completely drowned).

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – Former Miami running back Willis McGahee said he would “like to have my ring” if it is found that Ohio State won the 2003 BCS title game while competing with ineligible players.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haven't heard anyone say that.

...but since this has been going on for years and years...(which is could be defined as a "repeat violator") that makes them eligible for the death penalty.
no...it doesn't.

Even if they were eligible, I would seriously doubt that the NCAA would dish out the death penalty. After seeing what it did to SMU, I don't think they'll ever give the DP to anyone again.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Looks like the ACC will be taking a bigger hit than losing a school to the SEC. Miami will be barred from everything soon.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no...it doesn't.

Even if they were eligible, I would seriously doubt that the NCAA would dish out the death penalty. After seeing what it did to SMU, I don't think they'll ever give the DP to anyone again.
Thats what they said on ESPN...some analyst said the NCAA could deem it as "repeat violations" because they have been doing it for years and years. AKA repeat violations...

Who knows, I think the NCAA will want to step up and make a statement sooner or later.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No idea I think it was Adam Schefter...not sure.

But I doubt they get the death penalty.

Depending on the schools involvement, I say that if the school involvement is none (they had no knowledge of the booster or acts) then the NCAA or the school should suspend the player(s) involved for an entire season. And the school should not be punished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%