Red Sox sending Lowrie to the DL?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It's been more than two weeks since Jed Lowrie(notes) and left fielder Carl Crawford(notes) collided while going after a fly ball, but Lowrie has been sore ever since.

And the Boston Herald reports that the pain got even worse Thursday while he was batting in the first inning of a 4-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays.
"Lowrie told Manager Terry Francona he feared a subluxation of his shoulder, like the joint had ‘slipped out,'" the Herald reports.

Lowrie was pulled from the game to be checked out. It was determined that the shoulder never popped out, but the Sox will give Lowrie "further tests" Friday to try and discover the source of the pain. The paper notes that Lowrie had an MRI last week that showed no structural damage.

"I don't really know what's going on," Lowrie said, the Herald reports. "I just know what I felt. I certainly wasn't this sore (previously)."

Source: Boston Herald

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuckkkk he's my fantasy SS

I hope that if he goes on he comes back better than he arleady has been at least

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuckkkk he's my fantasy SS

I hope that if he goes on he comes back better than he arleady has been at least
pick up Dee Gordon
im being serious. he's been really good thus far

as for Lowrie, sucks. but thats the thing with depth
still have Scutaro so it's not a huge deal

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Red Sox are probably better off without him, even with his good hitting so far.. He's absolutely terrible defensively, and the Red Sox lineup is already amazing without him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%