ReceiptPal Homepage Design

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
I'm collaborating with an app developing firm on this ios7 app. They're doing the app and I'm doing the website. Meant to have the new ios7 "flat" design and illustration style.

ReceiptPal

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
I like it, colors are awesome...fitting for IO7. 

Have you experimented with different font styles? For some reason, that font style looks bland.

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
Fuhgeddaboudit said:
I like it, colors are awesome...fitting for IO7. 

Have you experimented with different font styles? For some reason, that font style looks bland.
Yeah the type is pretty straight forwards but I didn't have any control over that. That's the look they wanted for the app so I have to keep it consistent on the website.

Here's the mobile version.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
really eye appealing and straight forward. i like it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd work a little bit more on the hand, adding in shadows and such, and making it a little less orange

Sick job tho

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
that looks real nice. basically what Bosox said, lol.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Adding shadows on the hand would kill the whole "flat" consistency, but yes, the orange saturation could be toned down a bit

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BlkFalc. said:
Adding shadows on the hand would kill the whole "flat" consistency, but yes, the orange saturation could be toned down a bit
you can create vectored shadows. Just create small areas which indicate a shadow, and make it a slightly darker color. Not that hard

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
you can create vectored shadows. Just create small areas which indicate a shadow, and make it a slightly darker color. Not that hard

Yeah, it would be very easy to actually do but it wouldn't be consistent with the rest of the branding as Falcon said. Shadows, even if vector, give a sense of depth that is intentionally left out of all the elements. Also, I didn't create the app screens. Like I said, the firm is doing the app while I do the website. I was, however, thinking of adding a circle shadow underneath the smartphones at the top to ground them and make them stand out as the focal point of the page.

Like this

Note: I also make some edits based on what the client wanted. Bastards aren't releasing it for android so I had to get rid of the gs4.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my next question was of it was going to be am android app too. guess not. fuck them.

pistonsboi

Reaction score
"the friend that pays you back" text bother me, maybe a heavier font?

good work though, u did all the phone illustrations as well?

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
piston said:
"the friend that pays you back" text bother me, maybe a heavier font?

good work though, u did all the phone illustrations as well?
Thanks man, yeah I did the phone illustrations. I actually had the text bolder but they said it was "too heavy and not friendly feeling" so I made it lighter and smaller.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Nice.

Just looked at your source code, you keep your CSS so clean with the comments lol. I wish I had the patience  to keep it like that ..even though I guess most of my website designs are created via a CMS these days. 

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
guru said:
Nice.

Just looked at your source code, you keep your CSS so clean with the comments lol. I wish I had the patience  to keep it like that ..even though I guess most of my website designs are created via a CMS these days. 
You code like you fuck. Fast, messy, and no comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%