Rate your teams offseason

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
He pitched like an ace last year. I'm sure he will regress a bit, but Dan Haren was not good at all last year and the Cubs struggled most of the year with their #5 starter. Lackey has to be one of the best SP slotted #3 in their teams rotation.
I agree, I'm just saying be cautious. Recreating the 2013 Red Sox doesn't mean the team will win another WS. That was just a magical year. Lester is not always the 2013 postseason/2014 Lester and nor will Lackey always be the same either.

I still gave them an A. The only team who actually deserved one because they improved based on stats. Let's see what they do on the field now.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SavagenFailo said:
I give the Diamondbacks an A.

Would give them an A+ but they traded what could have been the teams franchise SS in Dansby Swanson.

They did address the need for Starting Pitchers in a huge way. I like the Grienke signing. Gives the team a solid #1 guy and a huge presence in the clubhouse. I am not too hyped up for Shelby Miller because of what they gave up but its one of those deals where you need to see it happen on field.
Nonsense said:
For the first time in a long time, I was actually pleased with Arizona's offseason. Yes, they paid a lot for Zack and Shelby, but i think it was well worth it. Segura has been a nice surprise this spring, hopefully it translates to the regular season. A solid A in my book.
Arizona mortgaged the future to win now and I'm not sure now is the time to try. The Dodgers are willing to spend through the nose and the Giants win in even years. I personally wouldn't have made the Shelby Miller deal but I get it. The D-Backs aren't interested in watching the playoffs from home and made some incredibly ballsy moves. Part of me likes it....but part of me doesn't.

If they win a title within the next few years, its an A++ but if they can't sniff the NLCS......grade D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%