Raptors' Colangelo On Prowl For Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

.loggie

Reaction score
Toronto Sun -
Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo said yesterday he is going to continue to try to acquire another point guard -- even though T.J. Ford will begin working out this week.

"I've been in communication with a number of teams, doing the normal course of activity in terms of making and receiving phone calls and talking about improving our basketball team," said Colangelo, adding that acquiring a point guard is a priority.

Even though Ford, who suffered an arm stinger on Dec. 11, will begin workouts this week, he could still be four to five weeks away from rejoining the team. Jose Calderon is playing more than 40 minutes per game in his place and shooting guard Juan Dixon hasn't worked out as a backup.

Some point guards mentioned as possibly being available include former Raptor Damon Stoudamire of the Memphis Grizzles, Jason Williams of the Miami Heat and Luke Ridnour of the Seattle SuperSonics.
I don't think PGs like Jason Williams and Luke Ridnour would fit the system.

.loggie

Reaction score
So people can say what PG they think would be good here. You can tell I really deserve that MVN award.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No I meant like, what is the point of Colangelo trying to get another PG.

Stupid.

We need big men!

Sports Hour

Reaction score
nba_balla said:
No I meant like, what is the point of Colangelo trying to get another PG.

Stupid.

We need big men!
We need another point guard because it is still uncertain how long that TJ Ford will be out.

Sure Jose Calderon and Juan Dixon are playing well, but if Ford is gone for a while we need more depth at that position; solid depth.

Apparently Colangelo is really interested in Damon Stoudamire now that he's a free agent.

Lets see if Colangelo can bring Stoudamire back to his first team.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need another point guard because it is still uncertain how long that TJ Ford will be out.

Sure Jose Calderon and Juan Dixon are playing well, but if Ford is gone for a while we need more depth at that position; solid depth.

Apparently Colangelo is really interested in Damon Stoudamire now that he's a free agent.

Lets see if Colangelo can bring Stoudamire back to his first team.
Looks like that won't be happening.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn, is scott from Canada? another Canuck?? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

j/k

.loggie

Reaction score
OMG BALLA I AM STILL THE BIGGEST NOOB EVER =). Anywho we need a rebounder.

bulls12

Reaction score
yeah this is so stupid, they already have Calderon, who can certainly start. Dixon's alright I guess. but yeah the Raptors will be wasting their money and a roster spot unless they actually try to acquire a center, which is what they really need IMO.

mcwhiteboy

Reaction score
damn, is scott from Canada? another Canuck?? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

j/k
ouch that hurts J lol

yeah i agree guys, we dont need another guard, we need a better SF, sure Moon is good, but we need more depth at that position, and I say we trade Rasho, cause well.....he sucks, and Bosh needs someone who can pick up where he left off then he gets tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%