Rangers' Fan Dies After 20-Foot Fall

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A male fan has died after falling over the outfield railing and landing on the concrete behind the out-of-town scoreboard at the Rangers Ballpark during the second inning of Thursday's game between the Rangers and Athletics.

"We are deeply saddened to learn that the man who fell has passed away as a result of this tragic accident," Rangers president/CEO Nolan Ryan said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

The Rangers closed the clubhouse to the media after their win. They haven't released the name of the fan because they aren't sure if all the family members have been notified. The fan's young son attended the game with him.
R.I.P.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't the first time someone has taken a long fall in the Ballpark in Arlington. I think it's happened like 3 times, crazy.

Very tragic, RIP.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't the first time someone has taken a long fall in the Ballpark in Arlington. I think it's happened like 3 times, crazy.

Very tragic, RIP.
See I thought so. I could of sworn this has happened in Texas a few times. I thought I was thinking of somewhere else though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just remember last year during a game someone fell from pretty much the upper deck to the lower deck, but the guy survived. And I read somewhere that someone years ago also fell pretty far.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a sad and horrible death. Sucks he had to go this way, and at a baseball game at that

RIP

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember the one last year damn very tragic.
RIP

Mooche

Reaction score
This story is pretty damn crazy. I felt SO bad when I saw the actual fall and the nature he went after the ball. Like dang.

R.I.P

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh23SAZ9hs1Ci1GK81"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh23SAZ9hs1Ci1GK81" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

The video.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Super sad. Ballparks should think about taller fences...

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I saw the video of it, can't really believe what the announcers were saying. They were laughing and saying things like "Hahaha wow, just for a baseball"

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw the video of it, can't really believe what the announcers were saying. They were laughing and saying things like "Hahaha wow, just for a baseball"
Because they knew he was going to die?

Either way, this is truly tragic... RIP. I feel horrible for the man's family, especially with his son witnessing it. Also, the guilt that Josh Hamilton will unfairly feel is awful. This is just a terribly tragic event.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Because they knew he was going to die?

Either way, this is truly tragic... RIP. I feel horrible for the man's family, especially with his son witnessing it. Also, the guilt that Josh Hamilton will unfairly feel is awful. This is just a terribly tragic event.
He obviously wasn't okay..you'd have to be superhuman or by some amazing miracle not get hurt from a fall like that.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The announcers didn't know how far the fall was, or onto what kind of surface, or what part of his body he fell on. The man never lost consciousness either, so it isn't as if they were making fun of him as he was laying there. Hell, they changed their tune right when they saw the people were still looking. Do you want people to speak/think/act as if somebody is dieing at all times?

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
The announcers didn't know how far the fall was, or onto what kind of surface, or what part of his body he fell on. The man never lost consciousness either, so it isn't as if they were making fun of him as he was laying there. Hell, they changed their tune right when they saw the people were still looking. Do you want people to speak/think/act as if somebody is dieing at all times?
Idk the guy pretty much dove straight down head first. No matter the surface that's going to cause damage. I understand you can't tell what happened but the fact that they were laughing and basically mocking the guy for doing that just to get a baseball I thought was wrong.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why can't these fields add like nets or something behind these boards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%