Rams Acquire #1 Overall Pick

Nonsense

Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Rams agreed to terms on a trade that would see Tennessee trade the number one overall pick, along with their fourth round (113 overall) and sixth round (177 overall) picks this year to the Rams, in exchange for the Rams first round pick (15), two second round (43 and 45) selections and third round (76) pick in 2016; along with the Rams first round pick and third round picks in the 2017 NFL Draft. The Titans now own nine selections in the 2016 Draft, including six of the top 76 picks in the draft.
- Paul Kuharsky ESPN Staff Writer

I don't follow the draft too much, so who are they chasing?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn... nobody wanted to believe the Titans weren't high in Tunsil. thats a huge haul. The Rams have to be going for Wentz. Tunsil is a Charger now.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
What a rape for the Titans. Taking advantage of a new franchise like that lmao

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rams took the RG3 haul once. Now they give up one. A lot of pressure for Wentz. North Dakota to Los Angeles.

Stray32

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
What a rape for the Titans. Taking advantage of a new franchise like that lmao
not really a new franchise, same leadership from previous years... which is the problem, they're the team that does everything possible to get to .500 but can't take that next step

They have some amazing individual players (imo the pick will be Goff but either way not sure one of these QBs will be amazing, thats what the Rams are banking on though) but are still missing pieces in so many places

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
not really a new franchise, same leadership from previous years... which is the problem, they're the team that does everything possible to get to .500 but can't take that next step

They have some amazing individual players (imo the pick will be Goff but either way not sure one of these QBs will be amazing, thats what the Rams are banking on though) but are still missing pieces in so many places
I was just making a joke because of the move and wanting a star for LA haha. This haul is enormous for the Rams. I actually think they're looking at Wentz. He's the big sexy pick because of his size and comparisons to Andrew Luck. Hoping for the Browns @ 2 that it's not Goff.

Stray32

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I was just making a joke because of the move and wanting a star for LA haha. This haul is enormous for the Rams. I actually think they're looking at Wentz. He's the big sexy pick because of his size and comparisons to Andrew Luck. Hoping for the Browns @ 2 that it's not Goff.
Wentz is the late-rising D2 guy, he'll be a 1st but I still don't see him as the #1 overall pick. Goff has long been considered the #1 QB, Pro Football Focus and a number of other very, very reputable football people have Goff higher, and fwiw that pick would help endear the Rams to another big group of CA fans (worth mentioning since they are competing for fans with the Chargers/Raiders/49ers)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wentz is the guy. I cant see making this trade for anyone less.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Wentz is the late-rising D2 guy, he'll be a 1st but I still don't see him as the #1 overall pick. Goff has long been considered the #1 QB, Pro Football Focus and a number of other very, very reputable football people have Goff higher, and fwiw that pick would help endear the Rams to another big group of CA fans (worth mentioning since they are competing for fans with the Chargers/Raiders/49ers)
While you're right about Wentz and where he came from, he's the big darkhorse guy that has been moving up in the rankings. Receiving unreal comparisons and projections based off of his height, athleticism, and "upside". I think he's who they're looking at as a potential franchise QB. In reality, none of the QBs in this class look like they can be a top QB in the league, but he is the big name value that could potentially sell tickets and get people excited about his development and the franchise's future.

Stray32

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Wentz is the guy. I cant see making this trade for anyone less.
Less is subjective and there are still a lot of people who think Goff is better. Including PFF, Mark Dominik, and the Detroit Free Press' Lions beat writer said a majority of team scouts he's spoken with prefer Goff

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Less is subjective and there are still a lot of people who think Goff is better. Including PFF, Mark Dominik, and the Detroit Free Press' Lions beat writer said a majority of team scouts he's spoken with prefer Goff
But everything Im reading points to Wentz. Again, I dont think the Rams pay a king's ransom to get Goff. The Browns seemed poised to take Wentz and you know the Titans,.Cowboys, and Chargers arent going QB.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peter King says the Rams aren't sure which QB they prefer yet, but I think that's a load of shit. You don't make that kind of trade with any uncertainty about what you want.

Sam Farmer, LA Times:

So, as @Bachelors_III wryly points out, the NFL in LA goes to Carson after all. Rams are targeting Carson Wentz.
To reiterate -- Rams are leaning toward Carson Wentz but Jared Goff still heavily in the mix. Will turn over every stone. Definitely a QB.
@LATimesfarmer

47th oG

Reaction score
Let's see who they decide to draft. Safe to say the Titans won this deal

Stray32

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Peter King says the Rams aren't sure which QB they prefer yet, but I think that's a load of shit. You don't make that kind of trade with any uncertainty about what you want.
Yes there are reports that they've decided on Wentz but there are also reports that they've decided on Goff. As speculated in this PFF piece, "It seems unlikely that the Rams would trade up to the first overall pick before deciding which quarterback they want to take. It’s more likely that the Rams know who they’re taking but have decided to wait until draft day to announce it."

Adam Schefter at first reported that it was Wentz then changed to "leaning Goff" in the ESPN article he wrote that's linked in that PFF link. Either way I don't think these guys are worth that trade and personally I think the Rams have more positional holes than just QB but I guess they disagree. Also another reason I think they take Goff is that they're trying to win right away in LA (I think that's clearly what this move says) and Goff is the more pro-ready one, supposedly at least

BNC

Reaction score
The only way the Rams make this trade without knowing which QB they want is if they think they're both going to be really good, like a Luck/RG3 situation and then they can decide after. And I've seen a few reports saying that's the case

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't fault the Rams for making this move b/c as we all know, success in the NFL predominantly starts at the QB position. There's a Trent Dilfer winning Super Bowls once in a while but no team can sustain success without a legit QB. The Rams also have a lot of pressure heading back to LA. Huge stage and another big story line for this season of Hard Knocks.

I hope the Rams troll all of us by selecting Vontae Mack 1st overall.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Pharoah said:
damn... nobody wanted to believe the Titans weren't high in Tunsil. thats a huge haul. The Rams have to be going for Wentz. Tunsil is a Charger now.
Chargers aren't taking Tunsil it'll be Ramsey, Buckner or Jack

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
Chargers aren't taking Tunsil it'll be Ramsey, Buckner or Jack
I'll agree it could be Ramsey... but they'll take Tunsil over Bucker and Myles. OL has been a disaster for the Chargers in recent years.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Pharoah said:
I'll agree it could be Ramsey... but they'll take Tunsil over Bucker and Myles. OL has been a disaster for the Chargers in recent years.
Unfortunately I'm a charger fan, and while that is true, we would end up with a log jam at tackle if we take Tunsil, and multiple holes on the defensive side of the ball. They need help more on the interior offensive line tho, their pretty set at both offensive tackles. He trains in San Diego and they had him in for a workout just a couple days ago but everything I'm reading seems like this pick is going to be on the defensive side of the ball and their enamored with all 3 of Ramsey, Buckner and Jack. I think Ramsey and Verrett is the start of something really special in the secondary so I'm hoping for that.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Was reading Tennessee could potentially trade back into the top 10 -- if they do a trade with Baltimore and SD passes on Tunsil Tennesee could very well still end up with him LOL that would be a troll job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%