Raiders take Terrelle Pryor in 3rd Round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
both suck. so who cares..

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Mike Brown loses simply because Al Davis was a good coach lol

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The most I would give for pryor is maybeeeeee a 4th round pick maybe not even that.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
If hes going to play WR.. 3rd round isn't bad.. Hes already a better WR than DHB.

Also, people forget that Al Davis had one of the best draft classes in 2010.. SMH.. and his team swept the whole AFC West.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Raiders selected former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor with a third-round pick in the 2011 supplemental draft.
"As soon as Terrelle Pryor ran a 4.36 at his Pro Day on Saturday, he punched his ticket to the Oakland Raiders," said ESPN's Adam Schefter. "The Raiders are enamored with speed, more so than any organization in the league." Pryor drew late fifth- to seventh-round grades from NFL scouts, so there is no question that this was a major reach. Al Davis just had to have Pryor's size-speed combination. Pryor is suspended for the first five games of the 2011 NFL season, and won't count against the 53-man roster during that period. The Raiders will have to cut a player in-season to activate him. They've also left themselves without second-, third-, and fourth-round picks in the 2012 draft.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
lol

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was there ever a shred of doubt that this was going to happen?

This is stupid on all levels. Not necessarily because he wasn't worthy of a 3rd round pick, but because he's just not a draftable player this year. Not being able to practice or play for the first 5 weeks of the season, and still taking up a roster spot that could be used on a player that can actually contribute to the team is just a bad way to run your football team.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The interesting part about all of this is playing the what if game. What if Pryor did stay with the Buckeyes and played the season after serving his suspension. Does he go in the 3rd round in next years draft? I think it wouldve given him some time to develop, but now he can take the whole year to prepare and be ready for when he does start to play in the NFL. We'll see what happens.

Barcode

Reaction score
Line him up at TE and let him go. Minimal blocking assignments, teach him the route tree and give him 2 seasons to get up to speed.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the list of teams that wanted Pryor in the 4th or 5th rounds.

While there has been some speculation that Pryor's future could come as a receiver or tight end, Raiders coach Hue Jackson said he views Pryor as a quarterback and he will start his career there.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
So he would be a God if he went to the bengals?
This made me SMH. Did i ever say the bengals would've been a better fit? Hell nah. I think honestly with mannings injury the colts would've been right to pick him up in the 5th or 6th but that 40 had the raiders take him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
This made me SMH. Did i ever say the bengals would've been a better fit? Hell nah. I think honestly with mannings injury the colts would've been right to pick him up in the 5th or 6th but that 40 had the raiders take him.
By time Manning is Fully healthy.. Pryor will just be coming off of suspension.. therefore.. That makes no sense, smart one.

TTN2810

Reaction score
And Irsay said they were not going to take him lolol.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't think he'd be ready just to get thrown in there for Manning's absence. May as well just start Dan Orlovsky. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%