Raiders passed on T.O. for Michael Crabtree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pro Football Talk - The Raiders reportedly entertained the idea of signing Terrell Owens, but decided against it because they believe Michael Crabtree will be available with the seventh overall pick.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
So would I. Definately not very many bright outcomes for WR`s who had been on the Raiders, with the exception of Randy Moss.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IF he falls.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he goes to oakland he'll probably fail. Did anyone think DMC or Russell would fail?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I knew Russell would be a bust.
As for DMC, he's gonna be a top running back still.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BARELY anyone saw Russell as a bust with his size, arm strength and power.

Oakland's problem is they go for the sexy quick flashy athletes when they don't build up front, and when they do, it's Robert Gallery

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No, seriously. I didn't see Russell being a smart enough QB to be a star in the NFL. I really thought they should have gone with Quinn. Anyways, I think Crabtree can be succesful in Oakland. He'll be the #1 right away but maybe he's what Russell needs?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BARELY anyone saw Russell as a bust with his size, arm strength and power.

Oakland's problem is they go for the sexy quick flashy athletes when they don't build up front, and when they do, it's Robert Gallery
After so many years of Daunte Culpepper, this guy saw Russell as a bust from the beginning.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I didn`t expect much from Russell, and he didn`t give much, so I wasn`t suprised, but I was a bit suprised with the success of DMC, and it will definately continue next season.

wade3

The T.O of SI
Reaction score
Thats bullcrap, i strongly believe that The Raiders wanted T.O, but T.O was smart and knows what happens to playes that go to Oakland and signed with the Bills instead.

Oiler35

Reaction score
It would be hillarious if Crabtree is gone at this time.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats bullcrap, i strongly believe that The Raiders wanted T.O, but T.O was smart and knows what happens to playes that go to Oakland and signed with the Bills instead.
For the fist time ever...I actually sort-of agree with Wade.

FSUViking

Reaction score
LOTS of people saw Russell as a bust. He wasn't even a 1st round projection until he had a big combine workout and threw a ball on his knees 70 yards, and suddenly he rocketed up the draft charts. If it wasn't the Raiders, he would NOT have been the #1 overall pick, but Al Davis loves a vertical passing game and fell in love with Russell after his workout.

2007 was a TERRIBLE draft for QBs. 14 were drafted and only two, Russell & Edwards, were starters in 2008 and that's mostly because there's no better option. In 2009 you might add Brady Quinn to that list but he still has to compete with Derek Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%