Raiders Open-Minded on QB

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Oakland Raiders Stay Open-Minded on QB Position

ALAMEDA — Call it the Colin Kaepernick Effect, due diligence or just plain curiosity, but the Raiders are going into the 2013 season with an open mind when it comes to Carson Palmer or Terrelle Pryor being their starting quarterback.

General manager Reggie McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen are steadfast in their stance that Palmer is the odds-on favorite to be the starter once again.

However, it sounds more and more as if Pryor at least will receive a much longer look than anyone likely envisioned as recently as two months ago.

"In visiting with Dennis and Reggie, I know Reggie's made the statement that there will always be competition," Raiders first-year offensive coordinator Greg Olson said Wednesday. "There has to be competition at every position. I don't ever think you hand anyone a position from season to season or year to year. ... We'll go forward with the direction that the organization sees fit. If they want competition, we'll have competition."
Part of that open-mindedness owes to Pryor playing well enough in his one start last season. The other part comes as a result of Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III, Cam Newton and Russell Wilson taking the league by storm the past two seasons.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still can't believe they gave up all that for Palmer.

Mooche

Reaction score
I still can't believe they gave up all that for Palmer.
One of the worst moves in recent memory.

Let Pryor have a chance. I'm not personally that high on him, but you gotta let the kid have a fair shake.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watch them shock the world and select Barkley at 3...

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
TP is my boy, would love too see him get his shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%