Pryor speaks his mind on Offensive Scheme

Mooche

Reaction score
Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says he would "dominate" college football if he played in a spread offense.

Pryor made the comments to the Chicago Tribune when asked about the attention given to players like Auburn's Cam Newton and Michigan's Denard Robinson.

"I'll put it like this: You put me in any of their offenses — any of them — and I'd dominate," the junior told the newspaper. "I'd dominate the nation. What those guys do, that's what they're supposed to do in their offense.

"They carry the ball 30 times a game. I carry the ball maybe five times. There are times I didn't even run the ball in a game. You put me in any of their offenses, where I can run the ball and have a choice to throw, I would dominate college football."

I honestly believe he is being mis-used in OSU. I am not a fan of TP, but it is pretty obvious to see that. However, this is a pretty damn cocky move to say the least, to start ranting like this about the scheme, and say you would "dominate" CFB.

Oiler35

Reaction score
I personally love Terrelle, but I totally agree with what he said. We don't utilize him to his full abilities, and we need to. He could probably win the Heisman, but we just don't put him in situations where he can showcase his skills.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm Shouldve went to Michigan like he was suppose to.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like TP a lot. But it sounds like he's a bit salty because he sees Cam getting all this attention.

But he would be good in that scheme though.

Mooche

Reaction score
I like TP a lot. But it sounds like he's a bit salty because he sees Cam getting all this attention.

Unrealistic to think he would put up Cam's numbers.. I mean come on.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt say that...but dude would be good in the spread.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He came to Ohio State to become a more polished passer and pursue a career at QB in the NFL, which now looks unlikely but that is what he wanted when he first entered college, he is just stating if he was in that scheme he would be putting up ridiculous Heisman numbers, which he would simply because of his size and speed.

Lake Louise

Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. Not saying he couldn't dominate in the spread, but seeing Cam getting all the attention, and Denard getting the Big Ten MVP has ticked him off a bit.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pryor is an idiot. Had his chance to inflate his numbers, but his dumb ass picks Ohio.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep, what a dumb ass to pick a school that has won the big ten every year he has been here, and go to a BCS bowl every year he has been here.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think it's unrealistic to say he'd dominate.

Whenever he actually does run the football, he's damn near impossible to bring down. He's got the most devastating stiff arm I've seen in quite a while.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Ehhh, I'm an Ohio State fan and I don't think Terrelle is anything great. He made the right move by coming to Ohio State, though.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he went to michigan like he was about to he wouldve been dominating. Plus we wouldve been much better than we are right now because he wouldve drawn in more recruits.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea..if Pryor is so adament that his skills are best utilized in the spread, then why the hell did he go to Ohio State in the first place. It's his own fault.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea..if Pryor is so adament that his skills are best utilized in the spread, then why the hell did he go to Ohio State in the first place. It's his own fault.
Exactly.
Yet cheato things my comment was geared toward saying OSU sucks or something lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk, maybe because of what I said in one of my previous posts about how he wanted to grow into a pocket passer with the ability to run in a real offense, to get ready for the NFL.. All the guy is saying is how he could, not that he wants to.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He sounds jealous. Shouldn't of even opened his mouth. He is doing him, on a good team. No need to worry about dominating. He could just as well dominate in his scheme as is.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah he can't, he's at best an average passer right now, and I might be giving him too much credit. He doesn't run enough when plays break down, that's his big problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%