Pro Bowl Moves to Orlando; AFC vs NFC

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl might as well be a game of flag football but I find it interesting the league continues to tweak the format. Abandoning the AFC vs NFC format in favor of a fantasy-style draft seemed to add some interest but nothing that lasted very long. The league will not only move back to the battle of conferences but the game will permanently be played at the site of the Citrus Bowl (refuse to call it "Camping World Stadium") in Orlando. 

What do you all make of the changes? Are you more inclined to watch?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They need to move it back to the week after the Super Bowl, and they need to bring back the skills challenges. 

Scott

Administrator
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
They need to move it back to the week after the Super Bowl, and they need to bring back the skills challenges. 
This.

But moving it to Orlando is definitely a positive. Can't hurt. Give it five years and they'll make it a flag football game instead.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
They have to change it up and make this a meaningful game like in baseball.

Winning teams conference has home field advantage in the Super Bowl, lol. I mean if you think about it all sports all-star games arent very entertaining. In the NBA they dont play defense until like the last 6 minutes of the game, in the MLB all-star game its just turned into a low scoring pitching contest with so many quality power arms coming in for an inning or 2. Same goes for the NFL where defenses dont really hit and big plays occur so frequently.

I think a good concept would be for fans to maybe vote for specific matchups that they want to see? Like lets say JJ Watt vs Joe Thomas, idk.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Make the offensive players play defense and vice versa.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
They have to change it up and make this a meaningful game like in baseball.

Winning teams conference has home field advantage in the Super Bowl, lol. I mean if you think about it all sports all-star games arent very entertaining. In the NBA they dont play defense until like the last 6 minutes of the game, in the MLB all-star game its just turned into a low scoring pitching contest with so many quality power arms coming in for an inning or 2. Same goes for the NFL where defenses dont really hit and big plays occur so frequently.

I think a good concept would be for fans to maybe vote for specific matchups that they want to see? Like lets say JJ Watt vs Joe Thomas, idk.

Not sure how you give home field advantage when the Super Bowl is always neutral site. 

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
AE. said:

Not sure how you give home field advantage when the Super Bowl is always neutral site. 

Lol, I know Im just being stupid. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:

Lol, I know Im just being stupid. 

Pro Bowl weekend should be replaced by a skills competition, flag football tourney (think NFL Street), and awards show.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
an nfl street type of game would be wicked. that game was awesome

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Friday: Skills challenges Saturday: pro bowl Sunday: super bowl. Win/Win lol.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
This is dope. Gonna go this year for sure. One thing I'm excited about moving to Florida to is all the new stadiums I'll have to check out. So many teams in a small sppace

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
This is dope. Gonna go this year for sure. One thing I'm excited about moving to Florida to is all the new stadiums I'll have to check out. So many teams in a small sppace

Living in Orlando was convenient for Tampa and Melbourne but everything else was a damn hike. In 10 years, all Florida MLB Spring Training sites will be grouped closer together in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami greater area. Teams are tired of having to split squads and travel 3-6 hours around the state to play other teams. Shit in Arizona, Will Ferrell was able to play in every Spring Training game in one night.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
AE. said:

Living in Orlando was convenient for Tampa and Melbourne but everything else was a damn hike. In 10 years, all Florida MLB Spring Training sites will be grouped closer together in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami greater area. Teams are tired of having to split squads and travel 3-6 hours around the state to play other teams. Shit in Arizona, Will Ferrell was able to play in every Spring Training game in one night.
Yeah that is annoying, Arizona ST is super compact which is nice to visit for. At least for now tho ST in Florida has some spots near Tampa, the Yankees and Phillies will be within 20 min of me. I am moving to St. Pete in a couple weeks so many places will be a fair hike, but very plausible for weekend trips. I have a friend from HS that lives 20 min north of Orlando so that'l be nice too. I mean FL has 8 pro teams and 3 high profile NCAAF programs, plus a handful of bowl games and ST so it's a good spot for a sports fan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%