Preseason Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't see Azubuike being that efficient as an NBA point guard, that's why they brought in Troy Hudson. Kelenna will get time at the 2, but don't forget, they also have Pietrus and Brandan Wright.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
I don't see Azubuike being that efficient as an NBA point guard, that's why they brought in Troy Hudson. Kelenna will get time at the 2, but don't forget, they also have Pietrus and Brandan Wright.
FYI, Azubuike is the starting SG for the Warriors... ;)

bulls12

Reaction score
I've never seen such young guards on the same team:
Belinelli, 21
Ellis, 21
Azubuike, 23

K-Buke's mainly going to play the 2, maybe some SF or PG, but he's best suited for SG anyways.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But he's not starting, he's coming off the bench...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CC06...

Washington be all that good.

Orlando may not do that good ether Rashard has already cramped up and had to leave a game then the next game he Sprained his ankle.

Miami strugles with out Wade and he won't be able to play till like the Second month of the season if that.Walker may not play till like Jan. They also LOST POSEY.

Plus say the Pistons get into the playoffs they have lots of experince(2nd in the League with hours played in the playoffs)

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You do realize that most teams aren't even playing there starters very much??? And all the PT is going to people who might not make the final roster.
what ever man if you look at who we played against all the starters played on the opposite teams except D-Wade

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Orlando may not do that good ether Rashard has already cramped up and had to leave a game then the next game he Sprained his ankle.
Cramps and sprained anles mean nothing if they happen in the preseason. Rashard is one of the best players in the conference, and you better believe he'll be 100% by the time the season starts...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cramps and sprained anles mean nothing if they happen in the preseason. Rashard is one of the best players in the conference, and you better believe he'll be 100% by the time the season starts...
I know hes a fantastic player but...(And I hope the Magic do good)
Ankle Sprain are usally a reacurring injury so if he sprains it again it may be worst.

And you dint say anything about the Heat or the Wiz so did you agree???

Why do you get mad when people like Mexi, Rip, StateofMind, and me hype up our Fav teams?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Third, I don't see how you can gurantee me that when they play in a very crowded East (Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Orlando, Miami, etc)
See you only see it as that, DO YOU NOT NOTICE THAT DETROIT IS ONE OF THOSE TEAMS! I mean come on man. We are better than Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Orland, and Miami, and maybe even Bostons. (waits for you fall back comment about us loseing to the Cavs) Your just dumb it's amazing. And saying the East is crowded then mentioning ORLANDO! Come on and you call us biased, get out of here.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why do you get mad when people like Mexi, Rip, StateofMind, and me hype up our Fav teams?
Cause his team ain't got shiz on us. And I'll make sure from now on if he EVER mentions the Magic around me that I'm going to tear him up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause his team ain't got shiz on us. And I'll make sure from now on if he EVER mentions the Magic around me that I'm going to tear him up.

I'll help.
And lots of others will too.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
First off, Orlando is just as good as Detroit, if not better. Look at all the Season Previews, most have us winning our division. I realize you're one of the top 8 teams in the East, but you're NOT better than Boston, you're NOT better than Chicago, you're NOT better than Cleveland, you're NOT better than a healthy Miami, you're NOT better than a healthy Washington, and you're underrating Orlando tremendously. Detroit will get to the playoffs, but they're nothing better than a one-and-done team.

And I'll make sure from now on if he EVER mentions the Magic around me that I'm going to tear him up.
You don't understand, do you? My team is a young, talented team on the rise, and your team has declined in each of the past several seasons. I don't know how you think nonimportant players such as Stuckey, Afflalo, Hayes, etc. will (A) make up for the loss of Webber and (B) put you back on top in the East. The Magic's signing of Lewis puts them in Eastern Contention...

In other news, JJ Redick dropped 19 on the Heat tonight, shooting 5 of 6 including 3 of 3 from downtown. He's really showing Stan Van Gundy why he should be the starting SG. Trevor Ariza didn't play, and Keith Bogans had a 10-10 night.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
But he's not starting, he's coming off the bench...
I wrote all those paragraphs giving support and reasoning behind him starting. You have not provided me with good reasoning or "research" as you call it, saying he will not start.

I already told you he will most likely start plus gave you reasons.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off, Orlando is just as good as Detroit, if not better. Look at all the Season Previews, most have us winning our division. I realize you're one of the top 8 teams in the East, but you're NOT better than Boston, you're NOT better than Chicago, you're NOT better than Cleveland, you're NOT better than a healthy Miami, you're NOT better than a healthy Washington, and you're underrating Orlando tremendously. Detroit will get to the playoffs, but they're nothing better than a one-and-done team.
You don't understand, do you? My team is a young, talented team on the rise, and your team has declined in each of the past several seasons. I don't know how you think nonimportant players such as Stuckey, Afflalo, Hayes, etc. will (A) make up for the loss of Webber and (B) put you back on top in the East. The Magic's signing of Lewis puts them in Eastern Contention...
The Pistons are getting Webber back later in the season.....

And the Orlando Magic are a "one-and-done" team too, you'll see. Pistons=ECF and maybe finals easy.
We've beat the Bulls, Heat, Magic, and C-Webb didn't do much for us in the playoffs. So what's different about this year, we got better, besides the Celtics everyone stayed the same. And there is no way the Cavs are going to beat us again, mark my words.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stuckey = Top 3 condtender for ROTY.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
First off, the Celtics are not "ECfs easy and maybe finals". The Celtics are certainly better than them. As ar the Cavaliers, and the Bulls. Then you add the Southeast division winner, who IMO will be Orlando, and the Pistons are down to the fifth seed in the East. They're not ECFs easy. It will be difficult for them to make the second round, because they don't have any low post prescense that will score, rebound, and play defense very well on the block. "we got better" Did you? Webber's gone, Rasheed is on the decline, which leaves you with no low post prescense. Come on, even the Warriors have some good players in the PF/C position.

The Magic are not a "one-and-done" team, I don't understand how you can say that at least, because the main core of our team last year was all under 25 minus Hill who we got rid of. We added one of the best perimeter scorers in the game, and we're seriously a contender in the East.

Stuckey a top 3 ROTY candidate? Please, you're better than Caliendo. Durant, Horford, Law, Conley, Brewer, Thornton, Young, etc. I'm just naming the rookies that will get plenty of playing time contrare to Stuckey, who is backing up one of the best guard combos in the league. Stuckey's a very talented player, I'm not gonna lie and say that he's not, but you're out of your mind if you think he's That good...

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
If you think Azubuike is not a good SG, then Redick is?

Azubuike 06-07 season: 41 games 7.1 ppg playing behind Jason Richardson and Monta Ellis

Redick 06-07 season: 42 games 6.0 pgg playing behind nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%