23. Auburn
24. Utah
25. West Virginia

Thoughts?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lovin Boise State at #3. They start off against #10 VT, so thats gonna be a huge game.

Bama at #1 was a given.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Lovin Boise State at #3. They start off against #10 VT, so thats gonna be a huge game.

Bama at #1 was a given.
#3?

theyre ranked #5 bud lol

not being a homer but texas should be higher imo

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AP Poll

1 Alabama (54)
2 Ohio State (3)
3 Boise State (1)
4 Florida
5 Texas (1)
6 TCU
7 Oklahoma (1)
8 Nebraska
9 Iowa
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin
13 Miami (FL)
14 USC
15 Pittsburgh
16 Georgia Tech
17 Arkansas
18 North Carolina
19 Penn State
20 Florida State
21 LSU
22 Auburn
23 Georgia
24 Oregon State
25 West Virginia

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Texas should be lower if anything

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
lower than tcu and oklahoma? nah....

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They lost practically there only source of offense in Colt McCoy.. Texas aint even close to being a top 5 team.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
They lost practically there only source of offense in Colt McCoy.. Texas aint even close to being a top 5 team.
haha did you see how much potential gilbert showed at the NC tho?

throw in your freshman qb at the NC with one of the best college defenses in the country and see how he stacks up

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's unproven and Texas has no running game, without a great offensive line.

Mooche

Reaction score
Were fine at 5. As much as I love Gilbert, he has to prove himself this season. We could be Top 5. I love our defense. Especially the secondary.

jHammack

Reaction score
My main problem with these rankings is the Florida love. They lost their best WR, their best TE, the best player in college football (Who I can't stand), and a <Censored>load of defensive players. They are no where near a top 5 team to start the season. I have a feeling they'll be like UNC was in basketball this season, have 4 losses and still be in the top 10.

As far as Texas, I too feel that they should be a bit lower. I think Oklahoma wins the Big 12 and I think TCU is actually a better team this year. Gilbert showed great poise last year, but that team took a bit of hit on the OLine and they lost some key players. They'll still be good and will probably finish top 10, but I think they'll be outside of the top 5. However, they play absolutely nobody in the OOC (Like always :lol:) so they could jump up to #1 or #2 before conference play even starts.

Oh yeah, Lets not forget that Alabama lost a lot on that defense from last year, something the media is forgetting to mention. They deserve to start there, but I don't think they finish there. And as far as Ohio State being #2 without really proving anything makes me SMH. Didn't Boise return 21 of 22 players to an undefeated team?

Can't wait for college football.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ohio State is coming off a Rose Bowl win, returning practically every offensive starter, and their best defensive players. Pryor is set to have a huge year after his best game as a player against Oregon in that Rose Bowl.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess I can't be mad at 21 but dag, I really don't understand the Florida love either. I promise they lost everything and still get a crazy ranking smh

Mooche

Reaction score
Florida love is insanity. Were getting some love too, but that defense is for real boys. Especially the secondary. You know. People want to rant and rave so much about Tebow, like me, but he is gone now. It's a new era. We don't know this Florida team is gonna be like, a totally revamped offense, we really don't know. 4 is too high.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's unproven and Texas has no running game, without a great offensive line.
Texas ALWAYS has a great offensive line. Also Texas is finally getting out of that spread offensive that they inserted with Vince Young. That spread doesn't allow our running game the flourish.

Also the defensive is going to be top notch.

Mooche

Reaction score
Texas ALWAYS has a great offensive line. Also Texas is finally getting out of that spread offensive that they inserted with Vince Young. That spread doesn't allow our running game the flourish.

Also the defensive is going to be top notch.
Colt fit the spread perfectly. Gilbert is more of a pocket-passer, who would look right in a pro style offense. You know full well he is gonna take snaps under center. The running game will be able to flourish then, with Fozzy and Tre.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Man Boise should be #1 if the voters were an Bama's dick/smoking crack. They return 22 starters. I do hate Bamam though, so I am biases. Just hate how they are suddenly everyone's "favorite" team.

Anyways, Cincy isn't ranked :( :( :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%