Portland Looking To Bring Camby Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Portland Trail Blazers are working on signing Marcus Camby to a contract extension, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources said Monday that the two sides had already been negotiating toward a new deal that would keep Camby off the free-agent market this summer.

One source said a deal, if completed, would likely span two years in excess of $20 million.

Portland acquired Camby before the trading deadline from the Los Angeles Clippers after losing centers Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla to season-ending knee injuries.

Although the Blazers remain hopeful that Oden can still have a productive career after missing the bulk of two of his first three NBA seasons, they have been pleased with Camby's immediate impact.

According to sources, they're determined to lock him up before has the chance to become a free agent July 1.
a little much, but hes showing hes well worth the money. he can help mentor oden too.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if the clippers want him, i think he goes back

EDIT
oh i misread. i mean if he doesnt get the deal done with Portland. yeah it's a lot of money since Marcus is always hurt

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Portland really needs to hire a new strength and conditioning coach -- all these injuries are ridiculous.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tell me about it, but you somewhat expect knee/foot injuries from 7 footers. IF they stay healthy next season i stil expect them to do like i though this season 3/4/5 seed, well i guess that depends on the way they develop and the rest of the west. utah could be a ton better with that top 5 pick theyll have(also assuming they keep boozer or get some sort of s&t).

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Portland Trail Blazers have signed forward/center Marcus Camby to a two-year contract extension, it was announced today by General Manager Kevin Pritchard. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Camby posted averages of 7.0 points, 11.1 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.13 steals, 2.04 blocked shots and 31.2 minutes in 23 games (all starts) with the Trail Blazers this season. He ranked second in the NBA in rebounds (11.8), fifth in blocked shots (1.97) and eighth in steals-to-turnover ratio (1.04) for 2009-10.

“Portland felt right to me since I got here and the support from the team, fans and organization has been incredible,” said Camby. “I’m looking forward to continuing my career as a Trail Blazer and think this team can do something special.”

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, he's rally a good fit in Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%