Playoff Suspensions--Should the League Have the Ability to Suspend Players During the Playoffs?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
With the Draymond Green debate going on, I thought we should discuss playoff suspensions in general. How do you feel about them? Are they necessary or is the league trying to be too disciplinary? If it was up to you, would you allow suspensions?

As for me, I can't stand them and don't think the league should be able to suspend players at all unless they A. Injure another player or B. Get into significant legal trouble off the court.

The fans pay hard earned money for their tickets and should get the best product available withough question.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you're okay with Draymond or any player just kicking anyone and everyone in the balls, as long as they don't suffer injuries from it?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
So you're okay with Draymond or any player just kicking anyone and everyone in the balls, as long as they don't suffer injuries from it?
Automatic ejection and 6 figure fines. There's a way to discipline without shortchanging fans

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How is an ejection different then a suspension? The reason there was even a discussion was because they didn't kick him out of the game, thus the suspension made sense.

Playoffs don't give players an excuse to act recklessly and just do whatever they want at the risk of others. Saying you would only suspend if an injury occurs is also kinda dumb. Just because you don't get hurt doesn't mean they couldn't have gotten hurt from a reckless play

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
huge fines would probably stop the bs.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
How is an ejection different then a suspension? The reason there was even a discussion was because they didn't kick him out of the game, thus the suspension made sense.

Playoffs don't give players an excuse to act recklessly and just do whatever they want at the risk of others. Saying you would only suspend if an injury occurs is also kinda dumb. Just because you don't get hurt doesn't mean they couldn't have gotten hurt from a reckless play
Like I said to your initial post, put automatic 6 figure fines in place.

The league cannot cheat the fans who give it its livelihood by giving them a lesser product. If both teams are fully healthy, every player should be on the floor...

For.
The.
Paying.
Fans.

BNC

Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
huge fines would probably stop the bs.
No they wouldn't because fines wouldn't inhibit a team's ability to win games the same way a suspension would. It's why fines won't stop flopping, these players will gladly part with $15,000 if it means they get a crucial call in a playoff game

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Like I said to your initial post, put automatic 6 figure fines in place.

The league cannot cheat the fans who give it its livelihood by giving them a lesser product. If both teams are fully healthy, every player should be on the floor...

For.
The.
Paying.
Fans.
An automatic 6 figure fine is unrealistic, the players have a union that would never allow it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BNC said:
No they wouldn't because fines wouldn't inhibit a team's ability to win games the same way a suspension would. It's why fines won't stop flopping, these players will gladly part with $15,000 if it means they get a crucial call in a playoff game
more than $15k. the lower paid guys couldnt afford it. but like cheato said, the players union wouldnt allow it.

BNC

Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
more than $15k. the lower paid guys couldnt afford it. but like cheato said, the players union wouldnt allow it.
Even then I'm not sure it would work. There really haven't been many players fined for flopping anyways

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
flopping wont stop. i dont even think they give fines out anymore. throw out a few stiff fines for suspension worthy antics and players will think twice.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zero chance he picks one up. League office would rescind it. 

BNC

Reaction score
No way they would, that was the happy medium they chose to go with in the punishment they ended up handing out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%