• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Manu Ginobili

15.5 PPG / 4.4 RPG / 3.6 APG / 1.5 SPG / .4 BPG / .45 FG% /.33 3p% / .88 FT% / 26.8 MPG

Brandon Roy

22.6 PPG / 4.7 RPG / 5.1 APG / 1.1 SPG / .3 BPG / .48 FG% / .37 3p% / .82 FT% / 37.2 MPG​

Honestly this one is very tough for me so I thought I'd ask. Don't go off by stats too much alone because Ginobili doesn't start, plays a lot less minutes, is the second option behind TD, and sometimes the third to Parker, but still puts up very efficient numbers. While Roy is obviously the #1 option on his team.

It was just last year that Ginobili was making some people say that he was just as good as Kobe which I think is ludicrous, but he is a very efficient all-around player. As is Brandon Roy. Neither of them can jump out of the building, nor are they the most athletic, but they have very high basketball IQ, can do everything, and do them well.

To me they're very similar players, the only real difference I was able to point out while analyzing their games was that Ginobili's left-handed while Roy is right-handed. Hmm... idk.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I gotta go with Roy. Without him on the Blazers, the Blazers were watching the lottery yesterday with their top 5 pick IMO. Guy is a leader, and an All Star at such a young age too. Guy is still going to get ALOT better.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Manu when healthy easily in my opinion. People always say the Spurs are boring to watch, but Manu is one of the most exciting players in the league. Can finish around the rim with both hands, can shoot good, he does it all, can even play make. He is a top 10 player in the league IMO.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would take Roy for the simple fact you could build a team around him, I think Manu is a great player but I cant see him as a teams main focus, he's the ultimate 2nd/3rd option but I couldnt see him leading a team.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It`s easy for me, and there might be some biased in here in that I hate the Spurs, but i`m going with Roy. He still has a lot ahead of him to accomplish and he is the leader on the Blazers at such a young age.

jcrusick

Reaction score
I went with Manu. Like elcheato said "Manu is one of the most exciting players in the league." Too bad injuries have limited him in the past couple of seasons.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Per 36:

Manu:
21 PPG
6 RB
5 AST
2 STL
45% FG
33% 3PT

Roy:
22 PPG
3 RB
5 AST
1 STL
48% FG
37% 3PT

Have to go with Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%