Pistons 09/10 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Richard Hamilton doesn't just want to stay with the Pistons, he wants to see his No. 32 in the rafters.

Hamilton isn't worried about having heard his name in trade rumors this offseason.

"Man, we hear our names (in trade rumors) all the time," Hamilton told the Detroit News.

"All we can do is play."

While he admitted the trade of Chauncey Billups was tough on him last season, he says that he never wanted to leave the Pistons.

"But at the end of the day I still wanted to remain here," Hamilton said. "That was the positive thing. I love the city. I love the fans. We brought a championship here and hopefully we can find a way to get back to the promised land."

Now, the guard dreams of the Hall of Fame and a banner with his number in the rafters.

"Man, that would just be awesome," Hamilton said. "It would be awesome to be part of a dynasty, and when you look up into the rafters you not only see Hall of Fame guys but to be a part of it, that would be great.

"And when you talk about the great ones, they are mentioned with their teams. You don't just say Michael Jordan. You say Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics."

Via Detroit News
Mods, please change title to Pistons 09/10 Season Thread. Thank you ;)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like him, but I'm not in love with the 3 guard thing. I'd love to see him get his number up there and retire a Piston, but he needs to be moved. BG could get his number retired ;)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince was a late scratch on Tuesday night, prompting trade rumors.

The team cited a lower back strain and Jason Maxiell was held out of the game against the Magic as well.

However, Pistons president Joe Dumars shot down speculation and insisted that there are no trades on the horizon.

Charlie Villanueva, who the team signed in July as a free agent, says that the Pistons are still gelling.

"There are opportunities for a lot of guys to step up and contribute with the people that we're missing," Villanueva told the Detroit Free-Press. "We're still figuring out our roles and what everyone can do. It takes some time to get to know everyone's strengths."

Via Detroit Free-Press

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Charlie = Rasheed v2 offensively. Meaning he needs to spend much more time in the post. He lives behind the arc and it really annoys me.

As for that article, definitely is interesting. Prince hasn't missed a game in 6 years, and Maxiell got zero playing time last night for whatever reason. Which is pretty unusual.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
LOL at this Pistons Mailbag question:

Andrew (Holland, Mich.): I was just wondering if you knew why Charlie V doesn’t have any eyebrows. Does he shave them off or is it some kind of a medical thing?

Langlois: Charlie has a condition called alopecia areata that results in hair loss. He has formed a support group for children with the condition that’s drawn high praise, Charlie’s Angels.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL at this Pistons Mailbag question:

Andrew (Holland, Mich.): I was just wondering if you knew why Charlie V doesn’t have any eyebrows. Does he shave them off or is it some kind of a medical thing?

Langlois: Charlie has a condition called alopecia areata that results in hair loss. He has formed a support group for children with the condition that’s drawn high praise, Charlie’s Angels.
Wows.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO. What a stupid question lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers/Pistons tonight

honestly, i'm anticipating a laker loss.
yikes 3 in a row? we havent loss 3 in a row since Pau came. i know he's not playing tonight, but it's still the "Pau era"

if the Lakers feed Andrew Bynum the ball, he should score at least 30. you guys got nobody to guard him.

however, i got a feeling Ben Gordon will be Ben Gordon, Charlie will probably hit a ton of 3's, and Will Bynum is going to murder us. small quick guards OWN us.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Wallace and Kwame Brown can guard Bynum lol. Both are good post defenders.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Last year when Ben was covering Bynum, he just went over the top with a hook shot, it worked for the most part. He's just too small to cover Bynum at this point in his career. But you never know, go Pistons :p

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he has looked like a completely new Big Ben this season, almost like he did back in the Championship days. But your right, he might be too short.

But if he fails, Kwame has been a really good post defender this year. Kwame is quite large lol. He always seems to beast on the Lakers too.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I am actually starting to like Kwame this year. As Rip said, he has been a decent post defender for us. Let's hope him and Ben can step it up on Bynum. On the other hand, I still don't understand why Wilcox is nonexistant in the rotation... Dude can score.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wilcox can score sometimes but that's about it. We really don't need him.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That was the only thing I liked about Kwame. He always has been a good one on one post-defender. He never even lets Shaq back him down.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my reverse jinx worked

:)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A source close to the situation told FanHouse the Pistons are committed to trading Richard Hamilton by the upcoming offseason.

Hamilton, who turns 32 next month, has three more years left after this one at a total of $34 million.

Via Fanhouse

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Don't!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva missed Sunday's game against the Magic with back spasms.

"When I tried to go out there in the layup line, it just didn't feel right," Villanueva said after Detroit lost. "It doesn't feel right now. It doesn't feel good at all.

"I can't even straighten out my back right now."

Villanueva said his back had bothered him for a couple of days, but that it got worse Sunday morning.

Via MLive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%