Pierce: "I'm the best player."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That's like saying Rasheed Wallace is better than Rip Hamilton because the Pistons won the title after they got Sheed, when Rip was there "before"...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No, he said that in response to him not being the best player on the team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's like saying Rasheed Wallace is better than Rip Hamilton because the Pistons won the title after they got Sheed, when Rip was there "before"...
Ya but no Sheed no title. I never said Sheed was the better player, so don't put words into my mouth.

No KG no title, if they would of just been Pierce and Allen they wouldn't of went all the way.

I don't get why your trying to argue this, we both know KG is a better player and better piece to any team. Would Pierce even bother saying this if they didn't come off of the title and didn't have KG and Allen to help him win the title?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Youre not making sense Rip. Its the same with Pierce. If it was just KG and Allen, no championship.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are you seriously that stupid? What is there not to get.

Pierce was on the Celtics before this year correct? They added Allen and KG. Therefore without their help Pierce would not be the NBA Finals MVP and his team would of not won the championship.

Why wouldn't the Celtics have Pierce? They added to the team, Pierce was not added somewhere else.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But let's say the Celtics traded Pierce for KG. They wouldn't have won. All 3 members of the Big 3 were equally valuable...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes I know that. But I'm saying KG has the most value of all 3. If you replaced KG with someone of less skill I don't think they have enough. Like Al Jefferson I suppose.

But if you were to replace Pierce with let's say...Michael Redd, I say they still have enough to get it done.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Al Jeff had the same season as he did, and the Celts didn't have KG but they had Al I think they would have been a force still..Championship though, maybe.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KG is was the vital part to that Championship run, it was obvious. Pierce and Allen were also very valuable (obviously) but like Rip said he isnt the best on his team.

Pierce won the MVP b/c KG loves to defer, if he was a ballhog he would have won MVP no doubt, but he's far from the best in the league.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Far from? You can't name 10 players better than him...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In no particular order

Kobe
LeBron
Paul
D12
KG
Duncan
AI
Nash
Wade
Stat
Deron Williams
T-Mac
Elton Brand
Brandon Roy

Those just off the top of my head , are all better then Pierce

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing he's ever said just because you win one championship doesn't mean your better than everyone else. When you look at their team they could have replcaed Pierce with other people and gotten just as far. It would've been harder to replace KG with someone of his skillset than it would for PP. You could have gotten say Carmelo or D-Wade and most likely still won the championship.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez's list is correct..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing he's ever said just because you win one championship doesn't mean your better than everyone else. When you look at their team they could have replcaed Pierce with other people and gotten just as far. It would've been harder to replace KG with someone of his skillset than it would for PP. You could have gotten say Carmelo or D-Wade and most likely still won the championship.
+1

Nicely put, I agree 100% it would be MUCH harder to replace KG's role on the team, rather then Pierce's.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You forgot Melo dez, IMO at least.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot all about Melo.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And Paul Pierce backs up why he is my most hated player.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Brandon Roy is on the list I think JJ deserves a spot to if anyone watch the series between the Hawks and Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%