Pierce: Good or Great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce

The Truth
Reaction score
My friend thinks Pierce is a ball hog and all he does is shoot threes and he is just a descent player and not a great one. What do yall think?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My friend thinks Pierce is a ball hog and all he does is shoot threes and he is just a descent player and not a great one. What do yall think?
I don't think Pierce is as much a ball hog now as he was before...but how can you call Pierce a ball hog when, even when it was only him and sometimes another good/decent player, he would led the team in total assists (over the whole season)

All he does is shoot threes? Since the 2001-2002 season his 3pt attempts have gone down every season with the exception of one or two time times.

loopydude3

Reaction score
He is a good player no doubt but you don't just throw around the term Great. It has to be earned. A big factor in how Great you are/were is how many World Championship banners you hang in the rafters.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is a good player no doubt but you don't just throw around the term Great. It has to be earned. A big factor in how Great you are/were is how many World Championship banners you hang in the rafters.
Oh so Dominique wasn't great? Neither Baylor?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Comparing Pierce to Baylor and Wilkins is funny.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe so, but championships aren't everything.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys COMPLETELY missed my point. I wasn't comparing Pierce to either of those guys because I know that's wrong. I was just responding to "greatness is judged by championships" because that is a ludicrous thing to say when you got guys like Baylor and Wilkens who have never won anything.

loopydude3

Reaction score
You guys COMPLETELY missed my point. I wasn't comparing Pierce to either of those guys because I know that's wrong. I was just responding to "greatness is judged by championships" because that is a ludicrous thing to say when you got guys like Baylor and Wilkens who have never won anything.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter. I'm not saying that if you can't or don't do it on the biggest stage of all that it doesn't matter but PP still has a chance to cement his legacy. Those other guys are a rare breed I'd say.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As always I agree with Baggino. Did anyone see how Pierce took over in Game 7 against the Cavs or was I the only one? Last time I checked only GREAT players do that, like LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Jordan, the list goes on and on. Right now, with the help of KG and Ray Allen, yes he is a great player, right there neck-and-neck with KG for the best player on the team. And how about we discuss the championship stuff AFTER these playoffs. I guaransheed you that he will change your opinion.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
Did anyone see how Pierce took over in Game 7 against the Cavs or was I the only one? Last time I checked only GREAT players do that, like LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Jordan, the list goes on and on. Right now, with the help of KG and Ray Allen, yes he is a great player, right there neck-and-neck with KG for the best player on the team. And how about we discuss the championship stuff AFTER these playoffs. I guaransheed you that he will change your opinion.
agreed

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I personally think Pierce is overatted.

He's a good player though, I wouldnt say great, b/c he hasnt been apart of a winning team for most of his career. His Celtics have only made two deep playoff runs in his 9 years as a pro.

I would say he's good, not great.

And Lu, championships dont prove if your a great player, like Baggino said Nique never won one, ]neither has Ewing, Stockton, Kidd. All great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%