Pete Rose still bant from Baseball; still bets on sport

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Major League Baseball's all-time hits leader will continue to be barred from the league.

Commissioner Rob Manfred announced Monday that Pete Rose's permanent ban for betting on baseball will not be lifted.

"In short, Mr. Rose has not presented credible evidence of a reconfigured life either by an honest acceptance by him of his wrongdoing, so clearly established by the Dowd Report, or by a rigorous, self-aware, and sustained program of avoidance by him of all the circumstances that led to his permanent eligibility in 1989," Manfred said in a statement.

"During our meeting, Mr. Rose told me that he has continued to bet on horse racing and on professional sports, including baseball," Manfred said. "Those bets may have been permitted by law in the jurisdictions in which they were placed, but this fact does not mean that the bets would be permissible if made by a player or manager subject to Rule 21."

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
But if you injected steroids in to your body.... it's all good.

Pete Rose can't be in the Hall of Fame because he gambled. But investing millions in daily fantasy games?.... all good.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
The fact he continues to bet on the sport blows my mind 

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Just put him in the HOF already, but dont let him have any other involvement with MLB. 

That will appease both sides, if there are 2 sides lol 

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
He'll find his way to the hall one day I believe. I don't know about in his lifetime but I can see something like 10-20 years after his passing them finally putting him in. 

Can't forgive him now when he continues to do the act that got him banned in the first place but the all-time hit leader deserves to be in it eventually. 

Players like Bonds, Clemens etc. I don't think will ever get in though. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Veterans committee will put him in after he dies. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%