Patriots TE: Gronkowski/Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcode

Reaction score
I'm interested in feedback regarding the Patriots two TE selections. During Belichik's time in NE, the position has been under utilized and now they have a bookend of similar players (move/non-blocking TEs). Crumpler is the designated big body blocking TE, so it could be a fresh look of seeing athletic TEs in the slot.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think Aaron Hernandez could be a pro bowl TE. I have seen that guy play and he is a true playmaker.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope so. We haven't seen good, consistent, production from a TE since Ben Coates.

Barcode

Reaction score
McDaniels is in Denver & Pioli in KC, so if there was ever a question about Belichick's pull it's a moot point. I had much higher expectations from Ben Watson, but it did not work out. Through free agency, they have pretty much ignored TE. Welker is recovering and Moss is a step closer to the end of his time in NE and/or playing at an elite level. Landing a pair of pass catching TE is certainly a change in Belichick's plans during the past 10-11 years. Hopefully one of them pans out, but it would be interesting to see both on the field at the same time. I've like Hernandez and was surprised to see him tumble to the 4th. Gronkowski, if healthy, is an asset that Brady will love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%