Patriots done excellent considering injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
The Patriots just keep on losing player, injury after injury but somehow they still sit at 6-3. Tom Brady has been gone since the first quater of the season. Almost right from the get go the New England Patriots have been down the most important position in football. Matt Cassel has proven that he can be a half decent started in the league though, as through week 10 he has a 67% completetion rate, 7 touchdowns and a 83.9 QB Rating. All stats are nowhere near as good as Brady's from last year, but they are respectable.

Next up your starting running back coming into the season is out for the rest of the season with only 3 games under his belt and 28 rushing attempts. Laurence Maroney has since been replaced by Sammy Morris. Morris has had to sit out the past two games with knee injuries after a big 138 yard game against the Broncos. LaMont Jordan, who came into the season as the third string running back, has been injuried since week 5 with a calf injury and only having 24 rushing attempts. With the top 3 running backs gone the Patriots have turned the ball to Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Faulk started the season as third downs and Green-Ellis started out on the Patriots practice squad, but both have looked great in the Patriots running game thusfar with a combined 524 yards in 114 attempts.

Rodney Harrison is out for the season and he was one of the Patriots best safteys and key vetern defensive players. He was injuried in week 7 with a thigh injury and it could have very well been a carrer ending injury. Just recently it has been reported that Adulias Thomas has broken his arm and will be out the remainder of the season.

All of this added up you have Brady, Maroney, Harrison and Thomas out for the season. Most teams in the league could not afford to give up their starting QB, RB, S and LB for the season and still manage to come out on top of games. These are just the Patriots key injuries as there have been many others throught the year. I mean all in all the Patriots have preformed beyond what the should be with their players and be sure that next year with a healthy lineup, they will be a team not to be reckoned with!

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
they are simply a smart team that knows how to win games..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have done good, I credit the coaching.

With that said there is some bad, their not going to make a playoff run with the team they have now and their best players arent getting any younger..

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Say what you want about the guy on a personal level, but Billy-boy knows how to run a team...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, they have done a good job, but they really haven't faced any team that is really good.. I don't think they have been challenged yet, and they wont be challenged really at all, easiest schedule in the league always helps a team with injuries lol.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Bill B may be doing some of the best coaching of his career.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No good teams?

Wasn't Buffalo supposed to be better than the Brady-less Patriots?

Wasn't Jet Brett supposed to beat the Brady-less Patriots?

How about Jay "Elway" Cutler and his Broncos?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No good teams?

Wasn't Buffalo supposed to be better than the Brady-less Patriots?

Wasn't Jet Brett supposed to beat the Brady-less Patriots?

How about Jay "Elway" Cutler and his Broncos?

What he means is top tier teams, none of those teams are considered amongst the league's elite.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Well, they have done a good job, but they really haven't faced any team that is really good.. I don't think they have been challenged yet, and they wont be challenged really at all, easiest schedule in the league always helps a team with injuries lol.
Exactly. When I saw their schedule for this year, I was like "Are you kidding me?" and that`s before Brady went down. I still wish they would lose more, but without a true challenge they will keep on winning. Although, I will admit Belichick knows how to run a team, even if I despise the team he coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%