Patrick Roy Hired as New Avalanche Coach

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671796

Roy, 47, has been named head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the Avalanche, the club announced on Thursday.

The hiring comes just a few days after Roy was rumored to have already accepted the job — granted, from a Facebook post from his brother, Stephane — and will reunite him with Joe Sakic, the executive vice president of hockey operations, who won a pair of Stanley Cups with Roy in Colorado in 1996 and 2001.

Ah, fond memories of him between the pipes both before and after the relocation.  Nearly 10 years ago today, Roy announced his retirement from the game.  

Damn I feel kinda old. 

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bit of a wildcard hire, but no doubt it will an interesting one

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
The Guid said:
Bit of a wildcard hire, but no doubt it will an interesting one
He has done a excellent job with the Remparts until now ... I believe he is ready for the NHL specially with a young team like the Avs ! I'm looking forward to this duo !

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With Sakic in the front office and Roy now patrolling the bench, it almost makes too much sense the Avs try to bring back Adam Foote in some capacity.  

Robo Ryan

Reaction score
Great publicity stunt for the Avs. Roy should do a good job. Goalies are pretty competitive so he can bring that competitiveness to his coaching job. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%