Parisyan Backs UFC, Rips Strikeforce

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Karo Parisyan is looking for a big time gig again. The Armenian welterweight has been in limbo trying to solve some personal issues. It got so bad back at UFC 106 that he bailed from a fight on weigh-in day and was subsuquently dumped by UFC president Dana White via Twitter.

As a free agent, Parisyan was waiting for a good offer when along came Strikeforce. He met with CEO Scott Coker, who eventually said things simply didn't work out. That's not the impression Parisyan got from their meeting.

"Scott Coker said we had a coffee and it didn't work out. (Expletive)! We had lunch at the Beverly Wilshire," Parisyan told Cage Potato's Mike Russell (1:23 mark). "When I left, he was jumping up and down, so excited to sign me."

Parisyan, 27, mentioned that lawyer/manager Sam Spira and NFL insider Jay Glazer were witnesses.

"He was very happy to sign me and I was very happy to sign with them but they're the most unprofessional I've ever seen in my life. Strikeforce is a very unprofessional organization. (Coker and Strikeforce matchmaker Rich Chou) are great guys but the networks run these shows. Not the show."
Parisyan (18-5, 8-3 UFC) holds out hope that he'll be back with the UFC soon.

"They think different. Even if I fight for Strikeforce and never fight for UFC, god forbid ...they will come nowhere near to the UFC. UFC is the most professional organization, I've ever worked for in seven years."

Parisyan said he spoke with White in the last month or so and claims that he was told that he needed to get a fight under his belt outside the organization. Parisyan is attempting to do in Australia on July 10 at Impact FC.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This story is funny only because Parisyan is garbage. Dana wisely dumped him after its was revealed Karo has a problem with staying off the prescription pain killers. A personal problem, yes, but in all honesty...Karo's career has been too plagued with injury the past few years & he's never going to come close to climbing the 170-lbs UFC ranks.

Mooche

Reaction score
Karo could be damn exciting to watch at times in the UFC. He was hot and cold, all the time, that was the story of his career. I am a bit bias as I am a Judo guy myself, therefore always loved his style and the way he fought. However, AE is right, he won't do any damage in the 170LB division.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Karo could be damn exciting to watch at times in the UFC. He was hot and cold, all the time, that was the story of his career. I am a bit bias as I am a Judo guy myself, therefore always loved his style and the way he fought. However, AE is right, he won't do any damage in the 170LB division.
Karo is right in that Strikeforce doesn't even match up with the sweat and blood left on the UFC canvas....but why come and talk like that? Yes, your trying to save face in hopes Dana will re-sign you sooner or later, but why jack up a perfectly good job opportunity with Scott Coker in the meantime? Burn down your bridge with Strikeforce and you're stuck fighting for much less money with Impact FC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%