Padres set ML record for consecutive scoreless innings to start season.

Hopesfail

Reaction score
Previous record was 26 innings. Padres were shut out in their first 3 games of the season against the Dodgers, bringing them to 27 innings.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Wow. The Padres are going to be our big losers this year I am betting. Nobody will take Kemp, and the rest of the team is so blah. Maybe they feel like Panda could jump start them! We'll take Shields or Cashner :)

axman15

Reaction score
They're going to get beaten up in the NL West. What's the worst record in divisional play? I wouldn't be surprised if they challenged it.

Scott

Administrator
Reaction score
As a player and as a fan of the Padres that must make anyone sick to their stomach. It's worse enough to go 27 straight innings scores but to start the season? Sheesh.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Allen said:
Wow. The Padres are going to be our big losers this year I am betting. Nobody will take Kemp, and the rest of the team is so blah. Maybe they feel like Panda could jump start them! We'll take Shields or Cashner :)
Nobody's taking Panda either.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Remember when everyone praised AJ Preller for "taking risks" immediately after he got hired?

What a blunder those trades were.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember a few Rays' fans up in arms when they traded Myers away.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I remember I once wanted the Mets to trade for him before he got dealt to Tampa. So glad we didn't.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Myers definitely was a prospect who so far has been a bust. Great deal for the Royals James Shields...and oh yeah Davis.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Myers is that bad... I think he has potential to come back to form, but he's never been anything astronomically great.

They did, asfter all, trade him to San Diego. Seems like a lot of players underperform there specifically.

Hopesfail

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I don't think Myers is that bad... I think he has potential to come back to form, but he's never been anything astronomically great.

They did, asfter all, trade him to San Diego. Seems like a lot of players underperform there specifically.
With as willing as Kansas and Tampa were to move him, it makes me believe the talk that he has an attitude problem and coaches can't get through to him. Might change as he gets older and spends more time with veteran guys, but he lost a lot of his development time being an asshole apparently.

Mudge

Reaction score
The counterpart to the Padres streak was that the Dodgers ALMOST set a record for most scoreless innings pitched at the beginning of a season. After a decent start in his game, Alex Woods put an end to that yesterday, 1 inning shy of tying the record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%