Pacers: Vogel Not Coming Back

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Larry Bird has announced that the Indiana Pacers will not retain Frank Vogel as the team's head coach. When asked for further comment, Bird explained: "He and Frank Vogel spoke for about a half hour on the phone this morning, and that Vogel kept asking him to reconsider."

Pretty dumb move by the Pacers in my eyes. Bird asserts that the team should have been capable of winning more than 45 games, however I view them as having overachieved this season. And the comments that he made about Vogel basically pleading for his job are pretty classless. Thoughts?

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Via @hpbasketball on twitter:

"For coaches with 500 games coached, Vogel has the 19th best winning record.

All-time."

Stray32

Reaction score
Yeah makes no sense to me either, I really don't think the roster has been good recently so can't blame him for that. To me this feels a lot like Joe Dumars deciding he wanted to change ideology and try to build a team identity around a superb offense... which led to hiring John Kuester and signing Ben Gordon & Charlie Villanueva

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Yeah makes no sense to me either, I really don't think the roster has been good recently so can't blame him for that. To me this feels a lot like Joe Dumars deciding he wanted to change ideology and try to build a team identity around a superb offense... which led to hiring John Kuester and signing Ben Gordon & Charlie Villanueva
Two offensive GAME CHANGERS tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%