Orioles to Re-Sign Chris Davis

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Outfield, pitching and the continued pursuit of Chris Davis was how executive vice president of baseball operations Dan Duquette described the Orioles' offseason priorities. Manager Buck Showalter, speaking on MLB Network on Monday morning, affirmed that Baltimore's interest in re-signing Davis is high.

"We're going to be competitive with it and, at the end of the day, he and his people will have a decision to make," Showalter said over the phone on the Network's Hot Stove program. "I try to leave those guys alone; believe me, their agents want us to leave them alone. ... Chris is a grown man. We talked many times. We had plenty of chances to talk [during the season], and he knows how much we like him and would like to have him stay. We are going to make an attempt to stay competitive with it."

Davis, a two-time home run king, is considered one of the prized free agents, leading the Majors this year with 47 homers. He also hit 53 during a historic 2013 campaign, and given his age -- he doesn't turn 30 until March -- and above-average defensive play, Davis is projected to land a six- or seven-year deal on the open market. It's been estimated that Davis, whom agent Scott Boras has said he can also shop as an outfielder, will get a contract valued at $144 million. That's a sizable investment for any team and one that's typically not in the Orioles' offseason plans.
Link: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/157993024/orioles-interested-in-re-signing-chris-davis

Do you think the Orioles need to re-sign Davis or should they move on?

catman

Reaction score
If the price is good, I'd say they should bring him back. Without him, the line up doesn't have a lot of power.

RyanM2984

Reaction score
He should be back I doubt anyone else signs him for what he wants.

47th oG

Reaction score
[TWEET]688344674377940992[/TWEET]
[TWEET]688348734443290628[/TWEET]

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Biggest contract in Baltimore Oriole history goes to a slugger...that's going to be real interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about this deal, but there wasn't another team on him so it works. Now for Cespedes to choose, and that seems down to if the Mets give him a contract.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

47th oG

Reaction score
Allen said:
Biggest contract in Baltimore Oriole history goes to a slugger...that's going to be real interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about this deal, but there wasn't another team on him so it works. Now for Cespedes to choose, and that seems down to if the Mets give him a contract.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Cespedes gonna make more $

[TWEET]688387617805709312[/TWEET]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%