Oklamhoma Jersey + Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I found this about the Clippers name.

A contest held when the team was based in San Diego determined this nickname. It's said to pay tribute to the great sailing ships that passed through San Diego Bay. The team took the name to L.A. in 1984.
This is all I found about the Magic

On July 27, 1986, Pat Williams, one of the driving forces behind bringing a franchise to Orlando, announced that if granted a team, it would be named Magic. The name was chosen from 4,296 entries submitted in a contest held by the Orlando Sentinel, our local area newspaper.

I personally think the OK City Outlaws sounds the best out of all of those names.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Magic Kingdom -- hence, why Magic was selected by fans for Orlando

Raptors was a fan choice due to the popularity of the Raptor movie out at the time -- Jurassic Park.

I like the Outlaws -- there are some really cool logos that could be used available already.. plus, an old USFL football team was called the Oklahoma Outlaws - so, can play to the sentimental factor

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The ones off Madden are really cool to.

mcwhiteboy

Reaction score
hmm i dont mind those logo's

and i always thought they were called Magic because of Disney land

n2s

Reaction score
No way Universal Studios > All

I like outlaws too, rolls of the tounge nice

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
it's not MGM studios anymore guys, get with the program :p

it's Hollywood Studios

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I prefer Islands of Adventure actually. But Universal Studios is also really awesome.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If we involve them all, Islands of Adventure is the best! The Hulk just destroys every other ride.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heck yes it does. That ride is amazing. Only complaint I have is sometimes the line is soooo long. And when its 100 degrees plus out in that big line is horrid. I love the launch off at the start.

bulls12

Reaction score
Lol I was playing NBA 2K8 and decided to create the Oklahoma City Outlaws. (Well, because I think that will be chosen as their team name.)

14-7 so far, made a ton of trades.

looks like this:

PG- Acie Law
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Kevin Durant
PF- Jeff Green
C- Robert Swift
6th man- Ricky Davis

Robert Swift is doing really well (16.7 PPG, 10.1 RPG) for the Outlaws, so don't hate lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who the heck did you trade for Joe Joe, with Durant still there, there is little to no way Joe Joe could go there.

Question though. How good is the create-a-team on NBA2k8? I remember in past seasons, they have the logo, the colors, the jerseys, only thing you pick is where and who is on the team. (which don't they duplicate players?)

bulls12

Reaction score
Who the heck did you trade for Joe Joe, with Durant still there, there is little to no way Joe Joe could go there.

Question though. How good is the create-a-team on NBA2k8? I remember in past seasons, they have the logo, the colors, the jerseys, only thing you pick is where and who is on the team. (which don't they duplicate players?)
Well create-a-team isn't really all that great for 2K games as usual. I just picked the black and gold jersey style.

If you've played Association mode on NBA 2K8, you have probably realized how dumb the CPU is when it comes to trading, even with trade overrides are turned off. I believe I traded Luke Ridnour, Nick Collison, and Donyell Marshall for Acie Law and Joe Johnson. I may have given up someone else in the trade but I can't remember who it was. Played the Hawks a few games ago and owned them with JJ and Law, but I lost by 10. =[ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%