Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Is it true that Roman Reigns has never been beaten clean in a singles match? I read that online just now but I honestly didn't believe it. If so, wow....
I am actually not sure...I know he has been pinned by the Usos, Bray, Sheamus, Rollins (actually not sure on him), Big Show, Kane (not sure again). Not many people have pinned Roman. His singles matches against Sheamus and Show I think were legit, cash-in and on a Raw.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider a cash-in a "clean" win

I definitely remember big show beating him last year but I can't remember if if was clean or not. I guess it all depends on how strict you are with that word

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I wouldn't consider a cash-in a "clean" win

I definitely remember big show beating him last year but I can't remember if if was clean or not. I guess it all depends on how strict you are with that word
If you get distracted without getting hit by the person doing the distracting I will still classify it as a clean win. It's your own damn fault getting distracted.

Shenanigans like a ref bump, cheap shot, etc...make a win not clean. And I agree the cash-in is probably not a clean win since it is a cheap gimmick for heels.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There have been backstage discussion about having a Women's MITB match. Train wreck waiting to happen depending who is going to be in it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
now that'll be botchamania

any early picks for who wins mitb?

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
But where you're wrong is that nobody is booing roman reigns just because he's Roman reigns. He wasn't getting booed in the shield, he wasn't getting booed initially as a singles competitor.

He's getting booed because since the royal rumble of 2015, he's been shoved down everyone's throat despite clearly not being ready to handle being the guy. Have you noticed that JBL rips every face EXCEPT him? They're trying so hard to make the crowd like him, and it's not working, but they refuse to listen to the fans. And what's even worse is with the recent muting of boos, they're acting like the fans don't even have a voice, which is obviously going to make fans boo even louder.
At his point I don't think I am wrong. The guy has been improving every step of the way and the crowd is chanting "you still suck" when he actually is being solid.

I agree fully with this statement of yours, he has been shoved down the audiences throats. However, I don't blame him for that and I look past that, and have been enjoying the product all year.

elcheato said:
If he is a mid-card face in your mind, why are you defending his current post as unstoppable main event face? 

And I think his facial expressions are incredibly forced and over-dramatic. What exactly is "it"? A nice face? Batista was never the top face of the company, he never elevated above Cena and was running the secondary show for years. 

Yes, you should always be improving, but that doesn't justify putting a guy in the spot he is in despite not being close to ready. It is not his fault they pushed him too soon, but again, what do you want fans to do? Just accept it? You put a guy in a position that the fans don't want, they are going to lash out at him. 

By all accounts, Roman is not the top merchandise seller in the company. The New Day, AJ Styles, and even Nakamura now sell a shit down of merchandise. Why aren't any of them the top face in the company? If you put anyone in the position that Roman has been in, they will sell a lot of merchandise. If they want a better indication, maybe they should look at their record low and declining TV ratings. 

And it's important to say, I do think Reigns has talent, and I imagine I have gone overboard before criticizing him, but his current position is absurd, and I can't support the character or the booking if it remains. 
Because he is worth defending in my mind. He is a great athlete, and getting better every day.

We clearly have different opinions on that so not worth touching since we won't agree.

You should accept it, we have a voice but it is what they want and us as fans are here for the ride. We can boo all we want, but it gets annoying. I can hardly watch NXT anymore.

He's up there for sure, he is with the kids and chicas. Many men as well. And they will still be here forever even with these low ratings:)

I honestly just think we have different opinions and that is totally okay, debates are a great thing but when one side is not wanting to change their way of thought it becomes pointless...and both of us won't be changing our minds any time soon me thinks.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A shocker would be someone like Cesaro or Zayn. Keep em as my darkhorse picks

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Papi said:
I would but I am always on mobile so kinda hard.
thank you. i tried telling people this before ha

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
thank you. i tried telling people this before ha
Oh yeah I got your back hahaha

As for dark horses I think honestly at this point...unfortunately Bray is. Owens is my obvious pick. Cesaro would be fun, and I want Zayn to be IC champ.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have owens winning the mitb. i like bray but he needs to come back and they need to start booking him better before giving him the briefcase.

Nonsense

Reaction score
KO or Zayn for MITB. And that was a helluva match for the IC Champ yesterday. And I'll have to wait for Raw on Hulu tomorrow, but I''m curious to see what Rollins has to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%