Official USA Basketball/Olympics Thread

Paulius

Reaction score
Hahaha wow . Argentina went to FIBA and complaint that lithuania and croatia are planning tonights outcome . Saying we lost to spain on purpose and croatia lost to nigeria on purpose and today we are supposed to lose to croatia on purpose bc that way argentina drops to 4th spot and has to face USA in the first round. Argentina straight trippin

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, I would definitely be scheming and colluding with other teams if possible to avoid US and A

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it certainly makes sense

Paulius

Reaction score
I get that we might have tanked the game vs spain to position us to either finish 1st or 3rd, but now argentina saying we tryin to team up with croatia and trying to lose today to knock down argentina . I dont see why we'd do something when we already have our spots. Its funny bc argentina and spain game is before ours, and now argentina doesnt know if they should lose or not, bc if they lose on purpose, and we win, theyre fourth and face usa first round, and if they win and we end up losing, they end up second which means usa in the semis lol. They wish their game was after ours hahah now they stuck not knowing what they should do

Paulius

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I mean, I would definitely be scheming and colluding with other teams if possible to avoid US and A
Thats the thing . Argentina thinks we trying to lose to croatia, which would mean we get the aussies in the first round . Dont see why we would wanna do that

Paulius

Reaction score

Damn gravy be throwin that cold shoulder huh i see you smh

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Paulius3313 said:
Hahaha wow . Argentina went to FIBA and complaint that lithuania and croatia are planning tonights outcome . Saying we lost to spain on purpose and croatia lost to nigeria on purpose and today we are supposed to lose to croatia on purpose bc that way argentina drops to 4th spot and has to face USA in the first round. Argentina straight trippin
that's literally the most stupid thing ive heard

they're complaining about others colluding so they'd have to play the US? If Croatia wins, all Argentina needs to do is win and they'll be the 1 seed and avoid the US. If Spain wins then ARG will be the 4, but if they win theyre the 1.

And if they are mad about CRO ant LTU "tanking", lets look at this then -- change those losses to wins, and what happens? The only way for Argentina then to avoid being a 2/4 and facing the US bracket is by INTENTIONALLY LOSING and hoping Croatia beats Lithuania, like they reportedly will? Quite hypocritical

literally just win argentina, and you dont face usa right away. lose, and you better hope lithuania wins. ARG win+CRO loss, which is what you're apparently expecting if you did file a complaint with FIBA, and youre the 1 seed smh

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It basically screams to me that they aren't confident they'll win versus Spain.

Currently -- "If we lose we face the US"
Complain to FIBA -- "LTU and CRO cheated, so you should make their losses wins, and then when we lose we avoid the US conference"

Paulius

Reaction score
No doubt screams that they arent confident they can win . We shall see. This should be interesting

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol and there we go -- argentina got shit on

Matchups as of 10:30pm EST:

Spain // France
Argentina // USA
Lithuania // Australia
Croatia // Serbia

If LTU comes back, then it will be Lithuania/Serbia, Croatia/US, Argentina/Australia

Paulius

Reaction score
Bracket play will be interesting . Some nice matchups . The yuggies going at it, thats so rare

Paulius

Reaction score
Lol argentina literally is thinking - "man fuck those europeans teaming up vs us" but in reality its only a myth

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's no myth. It's real, it's damn real

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nocioni gonna fuck up kd

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
idk either 

kyrie & boogie together is dreadful on defense

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
idk either 

kyrie & boogie together is dreadful on defense

It's gotta be taking years off of Coach K's life watching them guard the P&R

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lets be real, has Coach K ever really done anythig significant with Team USA? It's always the individual talent that carries him and when the talent isn't quite good enough to completely destroy the opposition, you can see how there's no real team defense or offense that's implemented.
No one can deny that Serbia completely outplayed them in terms of pure basketball. They're just lucky they're good enough one on one players to still win most, if not all, games.

I hope they get bounced and they stqrt taking it a little more seriously. They had like 5 test games where they could've tried some sets and stuff, instead they just destroy opponents with one on one or high pick and roll play. What's the point?

Paulius

Reaction score
The talent just sucks compared to previous teams . Simple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%