My phone freaked out haha there was supposed to be a comment under there saying

"It's called trolling"

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
http://www.fiba.com/rankingmen

Click see how it works and read please so next time you know whats up.
Lmao, clearly you didn't understand what I was saying because what you posted just proves my point.

For the Top 10 ranked teams there, the outlier limit is set at 634 points. That means the United States and Spain are statistical outliers from the rest of the 3-10 teams

From there, the 3-10 teams have a standard deviation of 79.85 points, which compared to the 1-10's SD of 227.7 clearly just presents that The United States and Spain are in a class of their own. Liuthuania is closer to being the 11th best team in FIBA than they are the 2nd best, and the US is more than 218% higher in score ranking than Lithuania is.

Like I said, Lithuania doesn't stand a fucking chance. Doesn't matter if they are third, they will not even come close to winning

Paulius

Reaction score
Alright dude whatever you say... zero respect to a team that atleast puts up a fight vs usa. In 2012 against that great team usa we only lost by 5. Lowest margin in like 8 years... losing by 5 is not even coming close to winning against that amazing roster??? Okay dude. Chances are usa will blow out everyone including spain and LT, but if theres a slight chance, spain LT and argentina can make it atleast competitive. The rankings simply shows how succesful each team has been in these international competitions. Obviously usa and spain is head and shoulders above everyone cuz of the talent theyve had but if you watched what Lithuanian basketball is about, youd respect them alot more. To achieve so much with only 3 million people living there and almost always come home with a medal is respect. You obviously dont see it cuz you only see what you wanna see

Paulius

Reaction score
Obviously usa is amazing, but dont sit here and say lithuania is garbage just bc usa beats them. Talent out of 3 million people vs america...come on. Im not arguing that we are better lol thats obviously not the case, but dont say we garbage when we consistenly compete with spain for gold in europe and consistenly compete for bronze or silver in world cups and olympics.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tristan is gonna play for Canada this year, if it matters. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Obviously usa is amazing, but dont sit here and say lithuania is garbage just bc usa beats them. Talent out of 3 million people vs america...come on. Im not arguing that we are better lol thats obviously not the case, but dont say we garbage when we consistenly compete with spain for gold in europe and consistenly compete for bronze or silver in world cups and olympics.
Lithuania's three best players are Valanciunas, DMo, and Sabonis -- you can barely play two of them at the same time v USA, and can only play 2 at most. Everyone else is a Euro scrub who cannot even make an NBA roster. You guys were competitive in 08 because you had actual NBA players (KleizaJasikevicius, Songaila) and Kobe+Deron shot 5/19.

And who the fuck cares about bronze or silver medals? You go for the gold, and Lithuania will never get gold at basketball in the Olympics.They could put up their 12 best players, and the US's Select team would murder them. Who cares if they are competitive against the equally shitty Serbia and Turkey and Greece? They all suck

And [member='CameronCrazy06'] I finally get what you mean about the text wrap thing

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No one is saying Lithuania is garbage.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Lithuania's three best players are Valanciunas, DMo, and Sabonis -- you can barely play two of them at the same time v USA, and can only play 2 at most. Everyone else is a Euro scrub who cannot even make an NBA roster. You guys were competitive in 08 because you had actual NBA players (KleizaJasikevicius, Songaila) and Kobe+Deron shot 5/19.

And who the fuck cares about bronze or silver medals? You go for the gold, and Lithuania will never get gold at basketball in the Olympics.They could put up their 12 best players, and the US's Select team would murder them. Who cares if they are competitive against the equally shitty Serbia and Turkey and Greece? They all suck

And [member='CameronCrazy06'] I finally get what you mean about the text wrap thing
We need this fix haha

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuck harrison i hope usa loses

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Lol those are not the three best players stop trying to pretend like you know... and you clearly arent getting it. USA has hundreds of more talent than others countries, bc of bigger population.... no shit they will win gold everytime. They have the best league in the world. Youre clueless about international basketball, just stick to your celtics bandwagon

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wtf bosox lol

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
why doesn't ukraine have a team, damn pasty bastards

Let the Ukraine Train coach them, he's fresh off a championship win lol.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Wtf bosox lol
there's a reason a silver medal is a disappointment for team usa. these other teams are far inferior than the US, and they are hardly that good overall. Spain has a good bit of NBA talent, but outside of that? Australia has a few decent NBA players. Canada has a few decent NBA players. If Horford and Towns decide to play for the DR then they have two good players.

This is the Lithuanian roster

You're going to tell me that the only 3 players that can make an NBA roster, aren't the best players? Look maybe Sabonis isn't in their Top 3 (even though he's the best rookie in this draft apparently), but who is? I looked up the stats for everyone on that team, and none of them averaged more than 15 points per 36 in their Euro league games. 

If you're happy with a 3rd place finish among equally shitty teams then go for it #2SG. Spain will finish 2nd, US will finish 1st. Anything less than that is a disappointment for both teams. I'm not saying Lithuania won't finish in third -- I'm saying third means hardly anything

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
there's a reason a silver medal is a disappointment for team usa. these other teams are far inferior than the US, and they are hardly that good overall. Spain has a good bit of NBA talent, but outside of that? Australia has a few decent NBA players. Canada has a few decent NBA players. If Horford and Towns decide to play for the DR then they have two good players.

This is the Lithuanian roster

You're going to tell me that the only 3 players that can make an NBA roster, aren't the best players? Look maybe Sabonis isn't in their Top 3 (even though he's the best rookie in this draft apparently), but who is? I looked up the stats for everyone on that team, and none of them averaged more than 15 points per 36 in their Euro league games. 

If you're happy with a 3rd place finish among equally shitty teams then go for it #2SG. Spain will finish 2nd, US will finish 1st. Anything less than that is a disappointment for both teams. I'm not saying Lithuania won't finish in third -- I'm saying third means hardly anything
To you, bc youre american and you have the greatest team. My country doesnt have the talent usa does, and a third place out of 24 teams is amazing for sucha small country. We never have big names but we get it done and winning a medal still means something to us.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah bosox I don't get the idea that winning a medal doesn't mean something to everybody else. But with that said, if USA wins gold and Lithuania wins Bronze or Silver, it doesn't mean they're on USA's level. And they never will be

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Yeah bosox I don't get the idea that winning a medal doesn't mean something to everybody else. But with that said, if USA wins gold and Lithuania wins Bronze or Silver, it doesn't mean they're on USA's level. And they never will be
I was never arguing that Lithuania is on USAs level.

Paulius

Reaction score
Lithuania took out Spain twice this week. Nice nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%