Official SI Mock Draft Discussion Thread

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
peyton not being signed yet sucks for me cause im choosing for the dolphins. i might draft assuming he goes to miami
So uh, Lets trade? Jags and Hawks.

7th and 12th.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Everybody will be on in Mario in FA. Everyone seemed to have the teams for Aso narrowed down last year and then the Eagles came out of nowhere, nobody even know they had interest. Just can't shrink the market for the top FA so easily.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Everybody will be on in Mario in FA. Everyone seemed to have the teams for Aso narrowed down last year and then the Eagles came out of nowhere, nobody even know they had interest. Just can't shrink the market for the top FA so easily.
No, Alot of people knew the Eagles had interest. It was either going to be the Eagles or Jets or back at home with the Raiders.

Mario isn't going have alot of teams inline for him. You do know hes going to command the highest paid contract right? More than Peppers got. It'll be Seattle, Chargers, Possibly NE, Jax, and maybe 1 or 2 shocker teams.. Other then that.. its tapped.

Mooche

Reaction score
Do you pay attention?

I didn't say they would trade back and take Kirkpatrick. I said that if they were to take any CB, it'd prolly be Kirkpatrick because he fits their style of defense. Hes like the perfect Tampa/Cover 2 CB.

I still think like any team who gets a new HC.. they will address the trenches.. It'll be Poe or Brockers or even Still. Don't think they'll go CB when they can get Finnegan or even Carr in FA.
Do you pay attention?

We don't know what the Bucs are going to run. Sheridan was reported as saying he wanted to keep the 43 defense, but wanted to apply a more aggressive approach of getting after the QB. Who knows what the scheme will be at this point in time under Schiano in Tampa.

Regardless, Mo can play and is scheme diverse for anything in the NFL. He has the size, range and athletic ability to make plays no matter the defense.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
No, Alot of people knew the Eagles had interest. It was either going to be the Eagles or Jets or back at home with the Raiders.

Mario isn't going have alot of teams inline for him. You do know hes going to command the highest paid contract right? More than Peppers got. It'll be Seattle, Chargers, Possibly NE, Jax, and maybe 1 or 2 shocker teams.. Other then that.. its tapped.
come to the dream team!

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish Mario would go to Buffalo.

Mario, Kyle Williams and Dareus would be disgusting.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Do you pay attention?

We don't know what the Bucs are going to run. Sheridan was reported as saying he wanted to keep the 43 defense, but wanted to apply a more aggressive approach of getting after the QB. Who knows what the scheme will be at this point in time under Schiano in Tampa.

Regardless, Mo can play and is scheme diverse for anything in the NFL. He has the size, range and athletic ability to make plays no matter the defense.
He plans to run an agressive 4-3 scheme. Only thing that will change from the past are Blitz packages and etc.. not coverages. Much like the Jags had in 2008 when Gregg Williams became the DC. They called it the same thing, still ran the Cover 2 and just blitzed more.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

There was not a single report out there that the Eagles were in on Nnamdi until it was basically a done deal that he was going there. The day he signed it was rumored all day that it was between the Jets and the Cowboys and maybe another team that wasn't the Eagles, I don't remember. Before that day there were a lot of teams in on him, not a single person had him linked to the Eagles at all.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
There was not a single report out there that the Eagles were in on Nnamdi until it was basically a done deal that he was going there. The day he signed it was rumored all day that it was between the Jets and the Cowboys and maybe another team that wasn't the Eagles, I don't remember. Before that day there were a lot of teams in on him, not a single person had him linked to the Eagles at all.
Um, you're wrong.. as always. There were alot of reports and interest.

heres one.

http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2011/05/philadelphia-eagles-nnamdi-asomugha-or.html

I remember alot of people had him going to the Eagles, ESPN had Jersey switches of him going to the Eagles and everything. It was Eagles, Cowboys (forgot about them), Jets and Raiders (Longshot) . Eagles werent some surprise team.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
What makes the move even more surprising is that the Eagles weren't a part of the early courting of Asomugha. In fact, Roseman said Philadelphia entered negotiations "very late."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6816873/nnamdi-asomugha-agrees-five-year-60-million-deal-philadelphia-eagles

It was well-known after the signing that the Eagles weren't in on Nnamdi until the very end.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6816873/nnamdi-asomugha-agrees-five-year-60-million-deal-philadelphia-eagles

It was well-known after the signing that the Eagles weren't in on Nnamdi until the very end.
Im not talking about Negotiations.

Alot of people had them going to the Eagles.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
I am kinda interested to see where Floyd goes.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Mawk Darfts are Serious guizes!!!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope my picks don't get revoked when they come around then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%