*Official NHL Regular Season Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Colorado is too inexperienced and doesn't have the firepower to shake up the Sharks
Experience is overrated. Look at what the Blackhawks did to the Canucks last year. That's why I'm scared of the Kings. I guess that's not the case for the Avs though.

Brick.

Reaction score
Colorado is too inexperienced and doesn't have the firepower to shake up the Sharks
Firepower - Yes
Experience - No but we have the leadership from players who have won the cup with THIS organization.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Experience is overrated. Look at what the Blackhawks did to the Canucks last year. That's why I'm scared of the Kings. I guess that's not the case for the Avs though.
Prime examples

Pens and Sens in 07
Hawks and Wings in 09
Pens and Caps in 09
Canes and Bruins in 09
Wings and Pens in 08

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prime examples

Pens and Sens in 07
Hawks and Wings in 09
Pens and Caps in 09
Canes and Bruins in 09
Wings and Pens in 08
I would hardly call the Bruins and Canes series a "prime" example. If it was such a prime example, "experience" would have put it away while they were still up 3-1. They won in OT on a fluke goal...hardly experience.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would hardly call the Bruins and Canes series a "prime" example. If it was such a prime example, "experience" would have put it away while they were still up 3-1. They won in OT on a fluke goal...hardly experience.
I remember that game

Jussi Jokinen is that dude.

Well you get what I mean, I was just listing that because the Canes had so much more experience on that roster and found a way to overcome the Bruins who were the conference's best team...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember that game

Jussi Jokinen is that dude.

Well you get what I mean, I was just listing that because the Canes had so much more experience on that roster and found a way to overcome the Bruins who were the conference's best team...
It wasn't Jokinen, it was fucking Scott Walker..who I still protest shouldn't have been playing but it's neither here nor there now.

I know what you're trying to say but I still don't agree with it. Again, I say, if they had that much experience and found a way to overcome the best team then they would have ended it when they had their foot on our throats. Thomas made a save and it went right up to Walker who was charging the net. A fluke goal. They happen but it was hardly anything premeditated.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everything stays the same, Edmonton gets #1. B's got #2 which I am happy with because we weren't expecting to be in the top 5, probably not top 10. Just hoping the Oilers take Seguin.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It wasn't Jokinen, it was <Censored>ing Scott Walker..who I still protest shouldn't have been playing but it's neither here nor there now.

I know what you're trying to say but I still don't agree with it. Again, I say, if they had that much experience and found a way to overcome the best team then they would have ended it when they had their foot on our throats. Thomas made a save and it went right up to Walker who was charging the net. A fluke goal. They happen but it was hardly anything premeditated.
I was saying Jokinen is that dude because he was a playoff beast last season

I remember what went on, but I don't care what you say because you can't tell me that the Bruins lost 4 games that series because they got fluked out of each game...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember what went on, but I don't care what you say because you can't tell me that the Bruins lost 4 games that series because they got fluked out of each game...
Stick to the Penguins man.

Tell me where I said that. Please?

I said they got fluked out of the last game. You're preaching experience. Well, experience put the Canes up 3-1. Then what happened? Where was their experience when they dropped the next 2 games and Boston forced a game 7? Where was it when they let the Bruins get back into that game 7? Where was it when Tim Thomas made a save and the puck just happened to go right at Scott Walker?

I let you answer it...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stick to the Penguins man.

Tell me where I said that. Please?

I said they got fluked out of the last game. You're preaching experience. Well, experience put the Canes up 3-1. Then what happened? Where was their experience when they dropped the next 2 games and Boston forced a game 7? Where was it when they let the Bruins get back into that game 7? Where was it when Tim Thomas made a save and the puck just happened to go right at Scott Walker?

I let you answer it...
Point is, I said you CAN'T say that, not that you did say that <_<

You said it yourself, experience got them up 3-1. Maybe luck DID get them that game 7 win...but without those 3 wins prior to game 7...where would the Canes be? All I'm saying is experience was a factor in deciding that series.

You can say it was luck no matter what, the Canes still got that series win didn't they?

Jussi Jokinen <3

This is so nostalgic, we had this exact convo during the playoffs lol

Also, I'm sorry...but I had to Jussi owns

stewza

Reaction score
How was Scott Walkers OT winner a fluke?

Thomas juggled the initial shot and he drove the net like any grinder should and it payed off.

stewza

Reaction score
Brodeur Bryz Miller are the 3 nominees for Vezina

JStaal Kesler Datsyuk the 3 nominees for Selke

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's the biggest name but look at his defensive stats and they've dropped off

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still has the better defensive numbers. Offensively, Kesler has been the best out of the 3 this season though.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Calder finalists: Duchene, Howard and Myers. Called it lol.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This was OBVIOUSLY gonna happen lol.

All 3 deserve it more than Tuukka IMO, but theres no denying how he topped the 08-09 Vezina winner and solidified his spot as the starting goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%