Official College Gameday Thread

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Another 1 Bites The Dust" lmao.

Anyone else think this is a bad college season?

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Naw i like this season. No team is safe at the number 1 spot, hell no team is safe in the top 10.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On the previous thread you guys were saying how App State beating UofM isn't as big as an upset as Stanford over USC. Well let's see..

App. State = a national champion, anyway you look at it App. State is a champion, even it was a division two team or whatever. And they beat the number 5 team in the nation, not a number 1 team.

App. State could easily beat the Stanford team that beat USC.

I'm not trying to say that Michigan should still be ranked now or anything, seeing as they lost to Oregon, but how can USC stay in TOP 10 after loseing and Michigan drops out of the Top 25 by loseing to a national champion? Michigan should of stayed in the Top 25 if USC got to stay in the Top 10. Cause loseing to Stanford is just as worst, if not more worst than loseing to App. State.

Was it because when Michigan lost everyone saw it as a huge upset, but now when USC lost people are saying, it's happened enough just forget about it? I just don't get it at all.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
meaning Michigan has never regained top 15 status.. while USC has kept it.. meaning their loss to App stat was a bigger blow to them then Stanford over USC === bigger upset

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Stanford > Appalachian State. Not even looking at team talent, just Stanford is FBS and App State is FCS. It's a conference loss too, and it's not nearly as bad as losing to a FCS team in your own house...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still why should they be Top 15 or whatever they are now, I'm not saying Michigan should be, but it makes no sense. App State could beat Stanford.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because didn't Michigan then lose to Oregon like what, 45-0?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#1 went down
#2 in danger

Oregon State- 20
California- 14

1 minute left in 3rd quarter.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Because they lost to a D1AA team, 'nuff said...

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
michigan never got back in because they were 0-2.. they beat penn state and now purdue (both in the top 25, and the way illinois played, i wouldn't be suprised if they beat them next week either) don't be suprised is they get back in soon, i would have to guess that they are only 5 or 6 behind where the votes stop, if that

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Not national champions, they were champions of D1AA.

And like Bidness said, the only time a 0-1 team stays in the poll after week 1 is when they lose to another ranked team. Michigan didn't lose to a ranked team, or even a 1A team. Which is why they don't deserve to be ranked again this season...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
the way illinois played, i wouldn't be suprised if they beat them next week either
No way, Michigan can't stop athletic QBs. Illinois for the upset...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not national champions, they were champions of D1AA.

And like Bidness said, the only time a 0-1 team stays in the poll after week 1 is when they lose to another ranked team. Michigan didn't lose to a ranked team, or even a 1A team. Which is why they don't deserve to be ranked again this season...
Ok..

But when we beat Ohio State, we will be ranked, if we aren't already by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%