Official College Gameday Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It doesn't even matter. The whole point is your argument of using what they were ranked at the time, is just stupid. OSU shouldn't be going off bragging about beating 16th ranked Northwestern, because Northwestern is trash. Same goes for Florida State and ranked Miami and ranked Maryland. Those are bad teams.

Regardless of schedule, Ohio State has the most dynamic backfield in the country, and has recruited like a top 5 team does. They have as much talent as anybody, and they've won 24 straight games in a BCS conference. Having a 1-loss team jump them would be criminal. No one was calling for them to go above undefeated teams, except for Baylor, who has played even less than OSU.

To act like OSU has no business being in the conversation, but not give Florida State the same treatment is just absurd.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
You are lost. The schedule means everything. OSU has beaten nobody. 20 something wins in a row against one decent team. Pathetic.

Brutalis

Reaction score
If Auburn wins the SECCG I bet ya anything it'll be Auburn/FSU for it all if FSU wins their ACCCG. OSU doesn't belong nor do they deserve it.

FSU schedule is shit, but polished shit compared to OSU.

A one loss Bama or Auburn would throttle the fuck out of OSU.

Brutalis

Reaction score
That's just the facts dude. It's why nobody respects or thinks they are deserving outside of Ohio.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It would surprise me if Auburn didn't leapfrog Ohio State. I hate the SEC, and don't care to see them in the National Championship again, but being ranked #4 with 1 loss, and just beat the #1 team, in the country, that was previously undefeated. Compared to #3 Ohio State giving up 41 points to a Michigan team that was 7-4 going into that game. They may not leapfrog Ohio State in the Harris, Coaches, and AP Poll, but the BCS is a computer, and computers will most likely see it that way.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Auburn and Missouri are going to be fighting for votes. No way OSU gets jumped by a one loss team at this point.

OSU was ahead of Auburn by over a point, which is fairly large for the BCS. Can't imagine one win over Alabama is going to make the difference there.

The only computer ranking that didn't have OSU at #3 last week had Northern Illinois there instead.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ohio State is ahead of Auburn in the computer rankings and human rankings.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That's true. I didn't think of Auburn and Missouri fighting for votes. Now it'll depend on how the Big Ten Championship and SEC Championship plays out. The best chance for SEC to jump into the National Championship, aside from either Ohio State or Florida State losing, would be Auburn winning the SEC. Although, I don't see that happening. Michigan State has a great defense, but a lack of offense, and I don't see them beating Ohio State.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When top Big 10 teams lose to lower ranked Big 10 teams, it's because the Big 10 sucks. When top ranked SEC teams lose to lower ranked SEC teams, it's because the conference is so deep and good.

This shit always gets me, and before I get jumped on and it's pointed out that the SEC is actually a lot better, yes, I know that.

OSU apparently has to win convincingly against a top 10 team in the Big 10 title game to stay at #2, according to ESPN. OSU didn't suddenly re-make this poor schedule after the season started. If you didn't think the schedule was good enough to warrant staying a top 2 team while undefeated, you shouldn't have made them pre-season #2.

oh, and I forgot, if we do crush MSU, it's because they aren't good and the Big 10 sucks

fuck

JKnucks

Reaction score
I just want to see a good National Championship game.... not OSU getting throttled by FSU. :/ 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see any defense stopping OSUs run game, they'll keep it close.

Could be wrong

Brutalis

Reaction score
http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/12/urban-meyer-ohio-state-beaten-eight-teams-ranked-big-ten-top-12

Yeah, he said it. Has everyone scratching their head right now.

_ _

Auburn beating Mizzou still only gives them a chance to pass OSU and make the NT game. Likely it won't happen if they both win. I think only the state of Ohio is rooting for them this weekend. Yeah I am a fan of the SEC. But all bias and bullshit aside no team that goes undefeated with a weak schedule should be playing for a title. That's why I am excited to see the committee come into play next year.

Wish it would have been this year. OSU wouldn't have the shot they have now. OSU can't beat the third best team in the SEC, and for fucks sake that BAMA. Just sad to see a NT game without the best teams in it. But it's happened before.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
The perception of the Big Ten is inaccurate. I mean, we have two teams ranked in the top 10, which is a good chance of having two teams in BCS games as well, it could've been three but Penn State prevented that from happening. It's been an off year for the conference, and yes the SEC is better, but it's not that they don't have their share of bad teams either. Big Ten needs to have a solid showing in our bowl games to help change the perception, since most are facing off against the "almighty" SEC. Winning all of them would be great, but that's rather unlikely.

Brutalis

Reaction score
It's about the schedule. Bottom line for me anyways. Who did you play. Who did you beat? By how much?

FSU has a similar weak sauce schedule. Not impressive, at all. But the blew out the teams they were supposed to based on their hype and rank. OSU didn't, at all. See NW and Iowa for example.

The B10s perception is accurate. If it quacks it must be a duck right? The whole country can't be wrong.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You just said it's ALL about the schedule, and FSU's schedule is statistically weaker than OSUs. You're reaching now.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Brutalis said:
Auburn beating Mizzou still only gives them a chance to pass OSU and make the NT game. Likely it won't happen if they both win. I think only the state of Ohio is rooting for them this weekend. Yeah I am a fan of the SEC. But all bias and bullshit aside no team that goes undefeated with a weak schedule should be playing for a title. That's why I am excited to see the committee come into play next year.
Wish it would have been this year. OSU wouldn't have the shot they have now. OSU can't beat the third best team in the SEC, and for fucks sake that BAMA. Just sad to see a NT game without the best teams in it. But it's happened before.

There's going to be a committee, sure. But in a four-team playoff, you really don't think Ohio State would get in? That's sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're not getting rid of the BCS, they're gonna take the top 4 who rank in the BCS for the playoff, where OSU currently ranks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%