Official 2012 NHL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Radulov and Kostitsyn aren't playing? I don't like that, Radulov seems to have no sense at all. Just because he doesn't want to be there doesn't mean he should be a dumbass.
Russian's have no respect in the NHL, but when you think about it from their point of view it makes sense, if you were a talented Canadian playing in the KHL, you wouldn't give a shit either

that's the downside of having a talented Russian on your team, unless you have a Russian robot on your team like Datsyuk lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Russian's have no respect in the NHL, but when you think about it from their point of view it makes sense, if you were a talented Canadian playing in the KHL, you wouldn't give a shit either

that's the downside of having a talented Russian on your team, unless you have a Russian robot on your team like Datsyuk lol
This is why I love Kovalchuk so much. The guy completely changed his game under Lemaire, dedicated himself to becoming more of a 2-way player, and he's played so much harder since. Guy works his ass off on the ice and is a factor even w/o possession of the puck...something not even Ovie can claim.

Gtown81

Reaction score
This is why I love Kovalchuk so much. The guy completely changed his game under Lemaire, dedicated himself to becoming more of a 2-way player, and he's played so much harder since. Guy works his ass off on the ice and is a factor even w/o possession of the puck...something not even Ovie can claim.
Agreed, at the time when the Devils got him it made no sense due to the fact that both Kovy and the Devil's had two completely different playing styles, yet like you said Kovy managed to change his game to fit more of the Devils style of game. You guys just need to hope he keeps the hard work up and doesn't fall off the map like most Russian's tend to do.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This Rags-Caps series is such a great match-up. I don't think there's been any period of hockey that wasn't completely engaging during this first 3 games.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They've honestly all been good match-ups save for the stinker the Blues threw up on Monday

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Call me crazy but, with exception to something so blatant that impedes a scoring chance or injures another player, I'm against penalties in OT.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Holtby continues to be a freaking wall between the pipes...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DEVILS FTMFW!!!

2-1 series lead; gawd I hate the Flyers

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Elliot's been terrible in this series.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings have been beasting though.

Gtown81

Reaction score
ya you saw what the Kings were able to do to Luongo and Schnieder, and there's noway Elliot is as good as either of those goalies

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very true but, with a little luck/goal tending, last night's game might have ended differently.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't believe the Yotes are about to be 1 win away from the conference finals. Such a shame considering how bleak their future in Arizona is. Imagine a world where the team who wins the Stanley Cup is packing their shit and relocating that offseason.

snickers95

Reaction score
ya you saw what the Kings were able to do to Luongo and Schnieder, and there's noway Elliot is as good as either of those goalies
I don't really think Elliot is worse than either of those goalies. He's been one of the best in the league this season. He only played 30 some games, but a 1.56 GAA, like c'mon lol that's unheard of.

Can't believe the Yotes are about to be 1 win away from the conference finals. Such a shame considering how bleak their future in Arizona is. Imagine a world where the team who wins the Stanley Cup is packing their shit and relocating that offseason.
It makes me mad how a cup could possibly be going to Phoenix, but I like every single player on that team, especially Doan. I am rooting for them right now

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Hopefully Gabby scoring that game winner in Game 3 gets him going for the rest of the series. We really need him to get hot.

Gtown81

Reaction score
I don't really think Elliot is worse than either of those goalies. He's been one of the best in the league this season. He only played 30 some games, but a 1.56 GAA, like c'mon lol that's unheard of.
I wouldn't say Elliot, who throughout his career could barely keep a starters role and has only proven himself to be a good goalie throughout 30 something games this season, should be compared to an all star in Luongo and a future all star in Schnieder

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings are the first #8 seed to ever knock off the #1 and #2 in the same season. L.A. is the hot team this postseason and I can't see Phoenix or Nashville stopping them.

We could have a Los Angeles versus New York Cup Final and you know NBC is drooling about the potential. Too bad the Devils are going to make sure that shit don't happen.

Gtown81

Reaction score
Kings are the first #8 seed to ever knock off the #1 and #2 in the same season. L.A. is the hot team this postseason and I can't see Phoenix or Nashville stopping them.

We could have a Los Angeles versus New York Cup Final and you know NBC is drooling about the potential. Too bad the Devils are going to make sure that shit don't happen.
agreed, definitely didn't expect it though

and I wouldn't say just NBC, Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL's front office would probably love to see an LA/NYR finals matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%