Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

dcpwner

Reaction score
Yeah I actually think the Rockets did a great job and that they could almost be considered as winning the draft....but well see

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Austin will be a high volume scorer, and with EJ spreading the floor, he'll have great opportunities getting to the bucket.

The Davis/Rivers pick and rolls with be extremely lethal

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Only problem with the Rockets draft is they really lack a center now

They traded Dally
Their main bigs now are Morris, Scola, Patterson, TJones. No size inside really.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody else not as impressed as every analyst with the Austin Rivers pick? The kid was not that great at Duke and the only reason they're speaking in glowing fashion about him on TV is because he's Doc's son.

New Orleans did not have the best overall draft. They may have gotten the best player in Davis, but otherwise I'm not that impressed.
I would have loved Rivers as a SG, but the experiment of turning him into a PG will end quickly. You don't just suddenly go from having tunnel vision in College to seeing the whole floor as a PG in the NBA.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Austin will be a high volume scorer, and with EJ spreading the floor, he'll have great opportunities getting to the bucket.

The Davis/Rivers pick and rolls with be extremely lethal
Here's another example of you not knowing what you're talking about. Austin Rivers isn't a pick and roll player at all.

I would have loved Rivers as a SG, but the experiment of turning him into a PG will end quickly. You don't just suddenly go from having tunnel vision in College to seeing the whole floor as a PG in the NBA.
I agree with you here but there's plenty of other PGs in the NBA (Russell Westbrook is the best example) that have tunnel vision.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Westbrook at least showed some ability to run a team in college. I don't know what happened to him last year with the 5.5 assist per game, but he was up and over 8 the previous two years.

Rivers was barely over 2 last year (Westbrook was at 4 in college), and showed nothing that resembled the making of a PG.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Westbrook at least showed some ability to run a team in college. I don't know what happened to him last year with the 5.5 assist per game, but he was up and over 8 the previous two years.

Rivers was barely over 2 last year (Westbrook was at 4 in college), and showed nothing that resembled the making of a PG.
How did Westbrook show much of an ability to run a team in college? He played SG for that UCLA team...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How did Westbrook show much of an ability to run a team in college? He played SG for that UCLA team...
Which makes it that much more impressive that he doubled up Rivers in assists.

Point being, Westbrook can get into a mode where he never stops shooting, but he has shown the ability to get his team mates involved. Have yet to see it from Rivers.

Just don't see how it's going to work at PG.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't see him being a point at all. Russy has a advantage in fact that he's a ELITE athlete. Rivers isn't..He's a 2.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
austin also isnt on a team where theyll play to his strengths so they wont be able to mask his weaknesses.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Austin and Eric won't mesh very well at all. There isn't going to be enough basketballs out there for the two of them lol. Which is probably why Davis' wont have a very good scoring year as a rookie.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think Austin is gonna be a 6th man at least for the time being.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats best suited for him right now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I guess that would make sense. The two of them starting will not work.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Austin will be fine.

And Monty is very confident that Austin can be groomed to be a point in the future, good enough for me.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looking into this Kim English kid, I like what I hear and see from him.
Certainly fits that "blue-collar" mentality we are trying to get back to.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
austin is better suited for the 2 though. i think that's where you'll get the best production from him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Austin will be fine.

And Monty is very confident that Austin can be groomed to be a point in the future, good enough for me.
Haven't you always been against score first PGs? And the Hornets just took a score first, pass never PG..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said I don't like score first PG's.

I have said I don't like Lillard because his skills have been overstated and I don't like Westbrook for a variety of reasons.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'm with cheat on the PG thing. I said before the draft that Rivers was way too underrated in the draft when he was going outside the lotto, then he slides up to about where I would take him and the Hornets fuck it up by making him a PG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%